Anyone got any good appraisal software,or trade. - Posted by Harvey Carroll, Jr.

Posted by Randy -IL- on December 19, 1998 at 10:42:16:

I’m not quite sure what you are looking for. Appraisal software generally costs $1000 or more. The software is usually just proper forms to fill out to perform appraisals. The act of appraising involves many hours of research, experience, and data analysis to result an accurate value conclusion. The software does not do any research or data analysis. As far as I know there is no magic software to help find the value of properties. I don’t know how a computer could value a property because it can’t inspect or “feel” the property. The only thing that can value properties is elbow grease, common (uncommon) sense and lots of research.

If you would like to price some appraisal software try looking in www.naifa.com. There are many appraisal software vendors listed there.

Anyone got any good appraisal software,or trade. - Posted by Harvey Carroll, Jr.

Posted by Harvey Carroll, Jr. on December 18, 1998 at 22:09:32:

I have created a few good spreadsheets; however, I want some good appraisal softwares and cant find any. Please feel free to email me . I would be interested in trading excel spreadsheets also, if it will help us in the business. I have an APOD, construction estimates, pert bar-charts, some financial analysis of large commercial projects that need some work, but can be effective with a little care…

Re: Anyone got any good software - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on December 20, 1998 at 21:32:49:

As a commercial appraiser, I have developed some basic excel files for income approach, cost approach, sales adjustment grid, and simple dcf. But if you need lease-by-lease analysis and detailed sensitivity analysis, software such as Argus and Project are the most popular among commercial appraisers. They are very expensive and not worth it unless you are using them every day. If anything I have sounds interesting, let me know. I’d be interested in knowing more of what you have as well.

Paul