Anyone Having Trouble Selling? - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on November 27, 2000 at 15:49:33:

Hi David,

Wherabouts are you - Gulfport, Biloxi?

Vic

Anyone Having Trouble Selling? - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on November 26, 2000 at 08:38:53:

Hello everybody.

I’m curious if anyone else is having trouble selling. I’ve got 2 pretty decent properties for sale. Have had lots of lookers, but no takers. Are you’ll experiencing the same thing?

I’ve been a broker for about 7 years & haven’t seen things this slow ever. Not only do I have my 2 properties listed in the MLS, but I’ve also got 2 others listed & I’m not getting any calls on any of them. Is this going on everywhere or this just a local thing?

Vic

Re: Anyone Having Trouble Selling? - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on November 26, 2000 at 14:35:25:

Vic:

Things would typically slow down some at this time of year in my market. All things being equal it’s probably a better time to buy than sell.

I would point out that there are lots of factors that might contribute to slowness…but you don’t mention HOW you’re selling except to say that you have the properties in the MLS. As you know, retail cash deals will generally take longer than deals offered with terms. There are other ways to market than the MLS…but you probably already understand that. If your only marketing effort was the MLS however that could be a problem as well.

The one thing that you said that would bother me though is “lots of lookers, but no takers”. To me that means that there is an issue with price or condition…or possibly both. The problem doesn’t appear to be traffic.

JPiper

Re: Anyone Having Trouble Selling? - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on November 26, 2000 at 09:57:13:

Where are you?

Hi Jim! - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on November 27, 2000 at 03:34:15:

Hey there Jim, hope all is well with you.

Perhaps I should have been a lil clearer in my post.

The 2 that I own are in the MLS plus I’m advertising them in paper with owner financing as well. Perhaps what I should have said is that I’m getting alot of casual lookers & not many (if any) that are serious about buying. The ones who do seem at least a lil serious want to wait til after holidays. Don’t these people know I’ve got notes to pay on these houses? LOL

All 4 are in saleable, ready to go shape. Well one could use some minor cosmetics, but not enough (I don’t think) to slow down a sale. They’re all priced pretty good too & the 2 that I own have decent terms available.

I think it might just be one of those things. I know last year for whatever reason, the market here just completely stopped for about 3 mos. Then all of a sudden it picked back up again. In fact, I’ve kind of been noticing that for about the last year or so, things have been happening in waves. In talking to other agents, some have noticed the same thing.

I guess I’ll just have to ride it out. I surely do hate the thought of making those payments for another 2 mos. though plus the utilites, etc., but it looks like that’s what I may have to do. Oh well!

How have you been though? Staying warm? Keeping those workers in line?

Vic

New Orleans (nm) - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on November 27, 2000 at 03:19:16:

nm

Re: New Orleans (nm) - Posted by DavidV

Posted by DavidV on November 27, 2000 at 13:44:56:

I’m about an hour east of you, same thing. Let me know when you find the magic cure. :slight_smile: