Anyone heard of Equity South Mortgage Co.? - Posted by Ben

Posted by John Behle on May 03, 1999 at 21:01:53:

I don’t know any specific books on hard money lending. You may want to look into any training courses in your state related to loan brokering, loan processing or other aspects of lending.

Anyone heard of Equity South Mortgage Co.? - Posted by Ben

Posted by Ben on May 03, 1999 at 10:31:19:

I came across a mortgage broker offering first position residential mortgages to investors with 14-18% returns.
Anyone know of this company? Equity South Mortgage Co. in NY. Thanks.

Ben

Discounted Paper vs. Hard Money Loans - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on May 03, 1999 at 13:11:15:

I don’t know that particular company, so check them out well.

In general, a mortgage company offering those kind of returns is loaning money and not brokering, creating or borrowing against “discounted mortgages”.

There are very different risks and have been many scams. Sometimes people are attracted to dealing with a broker or mortgage company - but you must do the same due-diligence and not rely on what they tell you or even the documentation.

I wrote an article titled “Discounted Paper vs. Hard Money Loans” detailing the pros, cons, risks, etc. and how the investments are different. I’ll look for where that is posted and reference it here. I may have to search the article out on another computer.

Ok, tried to search for it and the archives here are under construction. If anyone knows the URL, please post it. Thanks.

Re: Discounted Paper vs. Hard Money Loans - Posted by Ben

Posted by Ben on May 03, 1999 at 18:44:24:

Thanks John, I would love to see that article on hard money loans if you find it. Also, do you know of any books or courses on hard money lending?