Anyone know how to get a McCorkle refund? - Posted by Jay

Posted by Rob FL on December 09, 1998 at 20:38:00:

Anyone know how to get a McCorkle refund? - Posted by Jay

Posted by Jay on December 07, 1998 at 04:27:42:

Does anyone know who to get in touch with to get a refund from McCorkle. I was used and abused by him earlier in the year. I wish I knew about this board back then. he personally cost me 10,000. in a deal he screwed up for me. Thank you for any help.

Re: Anyone know how to get a McCorkle refund? - Posted by Tom

Posted by Tom on December 08, 1998 at 01:21:14:

You might visit him in jail. Big story here in Florida, updates on the trial every day. Was convicted about two months ago.

Re: Anyone know how to get a McCorkle refund? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 07, 1998 at 21:51:32:

contact the Florida attorney general’s office

Re: Anyone know how to get a McCorkle refund? - Posted by DARLA

Posted by DARLA on December 08, 1998 at 08:21:39:

I sure would like to hear the story Of McCorkle. Can you give me any information on where to find an article?

Re: Anyone know how to get a McCorkle refund? - Posted by Tom Mergard

Posted by Tom Mergard on December 08, 1998 at 21:53:11:

Hiya Darla,
After some further investigating, I think I found a pretty good treasure trove of information on this. Send your browser to www.orlandosentinel.com , then click on the left side “Archives”. Full text of any article costs $1.95 but you shouldn’t need it. This search gives you the headline and lead paragraph of each article. If you search like I specify, you will have a fairly good chronology of the whole affair. Where it asks for the search string enter (without quotes) “william mccorkle”, have it “display 100 articles”, “from oldest to newest”, and “all years”. It will find 96 articles in all. The first 30 or so are from 1987-1988 about his unsuccessful bid to the Altamonte Springs city commission. Includes bouncing checks, not paying for campaign material, not filing required documents and so forth. A rascal from way back, I see. The first mention of his current troubles starts with a 1996 article about the FL attorney general filing charges… then moves into the federal case against him. Includes possible witness tampering… money laundering and all kinds of goodies!!

Re: Anyone know how to get a McCorkle refund? - Posted by Tom Mergard

Posted by Tom Mergard on December 08, 1998 at 20:25:59:

Well, I was reading along day to day in the Sun-Sentinel (Ft. Lauderdale local paper). You could certainly head on over to www.sun-sentinel.com and get the archives… only problem is they charge for them. You might try the Orlando Sentinel web page, since it’s closer to the action up there. Sorry I don’t know the URL. Happy searching. If all else fails… I could possibly scan the articles I cut out into JPGs and send them along to you, provided I can still locate them.