anyone know of a method to rid this pest? - Posted by Dan

Posted by Jerry Martin NC on October 16, 2003 at 22:08:23:

Find out where the animal is getting in and build him out. Patch up hole he is coming in through. Intergrated pest management.

anyone know of a method to rid this pest? - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on October 16, 2003 at 06:46:07:

I,ve got an animal running in and out of my garage that the neighbor says looks like it may be a ground hog. He is tearing through some insulation that covers the clothes washer water lines to get under the house.

Does anyone know of a method to keep this pest away?

Dan

Which ever method, get it done fast. - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on October 16, 2003 at 15:32:06:

Dan,
If your an animal lover at all, do not use poison.
Some folks will suggest it, and even some exterminators will come out and attempt to use it.
I don’t like it, because once my neighbor “Up north” did this to kill a ground hog, and a wild cat got into the stuff.
Not so bad, til that wild cat, came into my yard, where my dog got sick from killing the cat.

We used to just shoot them with a 22 and bury them in the garden area.
I used to live in a somewhat rural area.

Try the traps, and if not, find a friend with good aim if no neighbors are around.
A good whack with a shovel works well too, if you are up to being that gruesome, I’m not. Yuck.

Good luck, but certainly get it stopped before further damage is done, or more come around.
These things will live together in a bunch after a while, so chase them out now.
Secure where they are getting in as well.

Good luck,
Jim FL

Re: anyone know of a method to rid this pest? - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on October 16, 2003 at 07:10:27:

The cheap method…call the local animal shelter and they usually have live traps for free or rental. The can also give you an idea of what it might be and what bait to use. The other cheap method is to pour mothballs in the dig space under the house. This works well for skunks and other undesirables to make them leave (sorry doesn’t work on deadbeat tenants S)
The other method is to call your local pest control and pay them to get rid of the pest.Sounds like this little rascal is getting ready to hibernate for the winter under your property.
Great $uccess,
Dee-Texas

A good whack with a shovel?? hahaha - Posted by Fritz

Posted by Fritz on October 17, 2003 at 13:06:42:

that was really funny…

btw, does anyone know if those ‘electric-vibrator post’ things where you push it in the ground to scare away the pests actually work?

Re: anyone know of a method to rid this pest? - Posted by E.Eka

Posted by E.Eka on October 16, 2003 at 10:06:51:

Another way, like the do in New Orleans, is to sit in your yard with a rifle and pop those suckers as they come out. HA HA, or just use the free live traps…