anyone tried this? - Posted by Dan Fletcher

Posted by Trevor on August 08, 2003 at 13:00:16:

Dan,

You can probably do it yourself. Contact the secretary of your state and find out what it entails. It can be as simple as filling out a template and a transmittal form and paying the fee, which is usually $100. I formed all my corporations myself. I live in GA and the process is real straight forward. My buddy had his attorney do his for a cost of $500. What a waste of money.

Trevor

anyone tried this? - Posted by Dan Fletcher

Posted by Dan Fletcher on August 08, 2003 at 11:20:00:

Has anyone used an online service for formation of an LLC. The cost is $200 bucks including state fees which seems reasonable. Also, they want to know who my registered agent is. Can this be me?

thanks,
Dan Fletcher

Re: anyone tried this? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 09, 2003 at 12:09:44:

My vote is for the do-it-yourselfers on the premise that if one can’t fill out a form, they might not need a LLC. If you call the state office that handles LLC’s, they’ll mail you the forms that you need.

Read the instructions carefully. In Illinois, the forms must be typewritten, not printed from a computer. I had to go to a local college to find a typewriter. They had three v. almost a thousand computers. Maybe the state would have let it slide because they are using up old forms, but it wasn’t worth a delay of several months to find out. Check your state rules.