Anyone used H. Roger Neal's strategies? Comments? - Posted by Kraig WIlkinson

Posted by SteveA (FL) on March 16, 2000 at 04:59:44:

…and got one response that read “Neal. Like his stuff.” That’s it. Hope you have better luck!

Anyone used H. Roger Neal’s strategies? Comments? - Posted by Kraig WIlkinson

Posted by Kraig WIlkinson on March 15, 2000 at 22:49:06:

Has anyone used H. Roger Neal’s ideas and books or tapes?
Are his idea’s worth it? Thanks, Kraig

Read his book for an intro, before buying anything else… - Posted by David

Posted by David on March 16, 2000 at 06:04:02:

I like his stuff. He knows what he’s talking about. His strategy is to buy duplexes, side by side, not up and down, and keep them for rental income. He occasionally sells. He feels that this type of housing produces the best income stream. He tends toward lower middle class or upper lower class neighborhoods. He looks to buy both sides of duplex for 20 to 30k and rent for 400-450 each side per month.
There is more management in the lower priced rentals, because many of the tenants are living paycheck to paycheck. One big car bill or medical bill can upset their finances for months or longer. It was interesting I’ve owned duplexes, own some now, and have owned property in Neal neighborhoods. He talks about only buying from motivated sellers, and I know from personal experience, ( as does Joe Kaiser) that frustrated landlords can be some of the most motivated sellers. They can also rationalize that they have make rental income and therefore can sell at a loss.
David