Anyone using Carlton Sheets program in Pasadena California? - Posted by Eric

Posted by Eric on August 29, 2000 at 07:44:52:

I wouldn’t buy it. I have nothing against Carleton Sheets or real estate, but I feel the program is outdated and the techniques are a bit outdated as well. A lot of examples include assuming mortgages in order to acquire properties. Assuming mortgages ending in 1976 I believe and they are very, very, rare to find. I would recommend Pete Miller’s book on real estate. This is a very pragmatic and easy to understand book on buying real estate. If you still feel the urge to buy Carleton’s course, I would first recommend buying his book The Worlds Greatest Wealth builder…this is basically his course in paperback and it is considerably cheaper. Good luck with your investing.

Anyone using Carlton Sheets program in Pasadena California? - Posted by Eric

Posted by Eric on June 20, 2000 at 11:07:19:

I just moved to Pasadena, CA and I am in the early phase of learning Carlton Sheets course and plan to invest in this area. Learning about REI has been a little bit of an investment and I am very excited about it. So I want to put this newsgoup to use and get learn as much as I can about the area.

I have read some negative info from investors on the list about southern california and how it is difficult to make the program work out here.

Has that been everyone’s experience? I would like to know what I am up against!

I’m extremely new to the field and I don’t want to make any costly mistakes if I can avoid it!

Thanks,

Eric

Re: Anyone using Carlton Sheets program in Pasadena California? - Posted by David V.

Posted by David V. on June 24, 2000 at 13:18:17:

I’m also in the L.A. area and I’m considering Charleton Sheets program. How much success/failure have some of you experienced, honestly?

Re: Anyone using Carlton Sheets program in Pasadena California? - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on June 21, 2000 at 24:37:55:

I don’t know about the Pasadena area, but here in the North SF Bay area is very tough to find deals. BUT I’m finding them and use Carlton’s methods to close on them sometimes. In the county I’m in, about 90% of listed houses sell within 3 months and usually for asking price of higher (tough market).

Re: Anyone using Carlton Sheets program in Pasadena California? - Posted by Richard

Posted by Richard on June 20, 2000 at 19:40:19:

I haven’t had a problem to find deals. There are areas in the San Gabriel Valley that are ripe for picking (Baldwin Park, El Monte, Duarte, Monrovia, areas of Pasadena especially North of the 210, etc.). You also have El Serrano nearby!. Just keep at it!