Anyone with a MHP Well - Posted by Briton (IN)

Posted by Briton (IN) on September 01, 2003 at 15:00:11:

if there is anything else, Briton(IN)

Anyone with a MHP Well - Posted by Briton (IN)

Posted by Briton (IN) on September 01, 2003 at 11:09:50:

Has anyone every had there well test positive for total coliform? I know you would then take more test, but if those are positive what then happens? new well? chlorine the water? anyone ever had a problem with this? thanks you, Briton (IN)

Re: Anyone with a MHP Well - Posted by Philip

Posted by Philip on September 01, 2003 at 13:12:07:

Briton,
The park I was looking at but didn’t buy had a well. They had chlorinate the water all the time. You might ask around but it might be a good idea to just do it.
Philip

Re: Tested positive for coli twice… - Posted by Greg Meade

Posted by Greg Meade on September 01, 2003 at 12:16:37:

and it was no big deal either time. First time,tester came back out and used a small hand held butane burner and turned it on hose bib where testing was done from…this sample was negative. Another time another well after doing this still positive so my pump guy came out and dumpeb 2 gals of swimming pool bleach down well after removing the sanitary well seal. Isolated the park and after leaving in for 2 hours pumped for 4 hours. Tested neg. Well guy explained several causes of this bacteria. Most common is dirty hands…at hose bib or installing pump. Second is seepage from septic…more serious by far. He suggeste i test well in 3 weeks and if positive, then install chlorinator unit to pump (400). Came up neg but after that, tested every 6 months and never had another prob. Installed chlorinator anyway to keep water algae free!

Re: Tested positive for coli twice… - Posted by Phil Pelletier

Posted by Phil Pelletier on September 04, 2003 at 18:05:58:

Anyone who has a question regarding chlorination can contact me at phil@furrowpump.com. I sell well chlorinators all day, everyday (When I am not out hunting down mobiles)

1-800-937-3666 work phone. (In Oregon)

Phil Pelletier

chlorinator… - Posted by Briton (IN)

Posted by Briton (IN) on September 01, 2003 at 13:28:56:

Thank you Greg. How much was the chlorinator? Is that the 400 you typed? Is your well in a small building or “open”? My septic is very close to my well, and it is a leach bed. I am thinking that could become a problem someday. Thank you, Briton (IN)

Re: chlorinator… cost about 400 bucks… - Posted by Greg Meade

Posted by Greg Meade on September 01, 2003 at 13:48:11:

3 years ago installed. uses about 4 bucks a mo. electric. Had a 10 gal reservoir. Every 3 months would have to fill. Figure $4 per 5 gallon container (swimming pool chlorine) with your park, you will use less probably. There is a dial to adjust amount of chlorine going in. Set mine on 2…bought from Environmental Services in Santa Fe, TX 77510. Phone and ask for linda Phone # 409.925.5211. Or call a local well co. and see if they can hook you up! Word to the wise…have your water tested privately (University or local lab) b4 having Health Dept test. Save some majof headaches. dont sweat it it’ll beaight!
As to well house, i believe in having them in a small shed…so i can secure them up. There is always some tenant that knows more than the well co. and will try to adjust water pressure or something!

O yea, and… - Posted by Briton (IN)

Posted by Briton (IN) on September 01, 2003 at 13:30:02:

is the chlorine goin to cost alot to maintain? Thanx greg, Briton (IN)