Anyway to chuck liens on this possible deal????? - Posted by mike(ia)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on August 03, 2003 at 21:26:27:

HOA = homeowner’s association lien or condo maintenance
fee lien as it is commonly known. Of course a lien can be put on personal property, ie a car loan. That is why cars get repo-ed. I wasn’t talking about personal property though.

Anyway to chuck liens on this possible deal??? - Posted by mike(ia)

Posted by mike(ia) on August 02, 2003 at 23:19:19:

Im working on a deal…

Vacant 50 x 150 lot…

Offered 4000… accepted
Comps at 10-12 k

Problem…judgements all over the title… Not to concerned with the judgements, because all liens and judgements go against the purchase price… But here is my question… The city pretty much forced this lady out of her house because it was uninhabitable, and a public nuisance. They Demolished and leveled the house. On the title it shows a judgement by city and zoning but to contact for exact amount owed for demolition…on the title. Im sure the demolition was at least 6000…Which kinda kills my deal. But considering she had a homestead tax credit, and it was her homestead, is that the only reason no one has forced sale on this property to collect on the judgements???(Demo’ ed over a year ago) So if thats the case can I strike a deal with her, and chuck these liens???

Im under the impression since your personal home is exempt from creditors, that technically she could sell this property and keep the 4k…???except for back taxes owed.

All replies welcome

mike

chuck liens - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on August 03, 2003 at 09:03:48:

The law may be different in your state but in NJ, the demo lien is accorded the same status as a municipal tax lien, which means it has top priority and it runs with the land, so clear title cannot be conveyed until it is satisfied.

Re: chuck liens - Posted by Marie

Posted by Marie on August 03, 2003 at 19:05:00:

is that the name of a lien and what kind of lien is it?

Also are you saying that no creditor can put a lien on someone personal property or are there exeptions?