Appraised Value... - Posted by Steve Heller

Posted by Steve Heller on January 30, 2000 at 12:16:43:

BR,
Thanks for your reponse. How can I locate FARES? Are they on the internet?
Steve

Appraised Value… - Posted by Steve Heller

Posted by Steve Heller on January 30, 2000 at 08:28:28:

Does anyone have a relationship with an appraiser where they can get a preliminary appraisal over the phone. Would appraisers be prevented from doing this. If you do have this type of relationship, what’s the cost? Would you recommend another method for determining value of a property? Thanks,
Steve (Tulsa)

Re: Appraised Value… - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on January 30, 2000 at 09:54:51:

Steve,

Before I found a good agent to work with, I had an appraiser drive by a subject property. He would then return to his office to look up comps, and call me with an estimate of value, usually as a range. The one I used didn’t charge me anything, but I didn’t ask him for this service on a daily basis either.

Now that I require this data on a more frequent basis, I use the agent exclusively for these estimates. The agent and appraiser both use the MLS to determine comps, and that’s the way to go. Either has access to the same data. It’s just a matter of who you have the better relationship with.

I hope this helps.

Bill K. (AZ)

Re: Appraised Value… - Posted by BRnBA

Posted by BRnBA on January 30, 2000 at 09:21:15:

Steve, you can use Win2Data from FARES or Market Data Center who has an office in Tulsa. I use FARES and it works well for me. The software is very good for doing comps. Market Data is what most appraisers use as well as MLS but I have no first hand experience with their product. I wiil be checking with Eric at Market Data soon to see how their product compares to FARES. FARES is only available for Tulsa and Oklahoma counties. Market Data however when I spoke with them a year ago offered Clerk data for Tulsa and Oklahoma counties only, but offered Accessor data for Tulsa, Rogers, Wagoner and Muskogee counties in the Tulsa area. To do good comps you really need both data sources. I’m hoping that soon this situation will improve as these PODUNK counties around here will loosen up the strangle hold they have on courthouse data. BR