Approaching Owner In Trouble? - Posted by DaveNJ

Posted by Linda on October 24, 2000 at 15:10:31:

Just about all of the people we want to buy from that are movtivated for one reason or another are strangers to us!! Send a letter stating ‘times are tough, money is tight and you’re probably feeling overwhelmed… I’d like to help’ Or pick up the phone and give her a call.

Approaching Owner In Trouble? - Posted by DaveNJ

Posted by DaveNJ on October 24, 2000 at 24:54:08:

This is a situation I’ve never had to deal with before. Through neighbors, I know of a woman who’s home needs to be sold soon due to her husband leaving her. Apparently the home is close to being foreclosed on. It’s a beautiful home worth at least 200,000, and she only owes half that. There’s a great deal here, and I’m sure I could help her make the best out of a bad situation, but, I cannot think of a way to approach her without surely offending her. She doesn’t know me, and I doubt she’ll appreciate a complete stranger knocking at her door appearing to want to take advantage of her at a bad time in her life. At the same time, she may very well need someone like me to help her. See the dilemma?

I hope to have a neighbor contact her for me (best solution), but I was hoping some of you might have suggestions as to how to best let this woman know of me and my services.