Aquire 'Subject to' with existing 'Subject to' - Posted by dyn2

Posted by gerald(tx) on October 13, 2003 at 15:38:45:

The first thing is to check if his deed was recorded. If so, you may have things tied up in probate. Also, was it a homestead? You’ll need to familiarize yourself with your state laws regarding probate, as you’ll need to get the deed in your name legally.

If this is not applicable, then things could get simpler. Examine the deceased’s contract to see if it is assignable. Is the contract a good one for your objectives? If so, a POA and quit claim deed may suffice. However, it might be better to look the original owner up and draw up new documents.

If it’s your first deal, don’t get over eager unless it is highly profitable and entails few complications.

At any rate, have an attorney review before you jump.

Aquire ‘Subject to’ with existing ‘Subject to’ - Posted by dyn2

Posted by dyn2 on October 12, 2003 at 23:05:55:

Can anyone help with the steps needed to take possession of a property ‘subject to’ that was aquired by current owner with a ‘subject to’ deal. Deceased husband did ‘subject to’ deal and now wife “just wants out” of property. Too many memories. Any advise on how to go about this would be very helpful. This is my first deal.