Are 60k houses better that 200k houses... - Posted by Raisi Smith

Posted by JoeS on July 22, 2003 at 20:39:37:

If you talk to the guy in the midwest he may tell you that it is easier to flip a 200K house!! The grass will always look greener on the other side of the country. I live in a city that is losing population, the unemployment rate is higher than average, property appreciation is only 5%, and drug crime is on the rise…yet I manage to make a good living doing what I have been doing for the past nine years.

In my opinion…learn how to make it where you are. Learn different approaches to the business. When the way of doing business changes, then change along with it. Just my 2 cents.

Are 60k houses better that 200k houses… - Posted by Raisi Smith

Posted by Raisi Smith on July 22, 2003 at 13:23:59:

Are 60k houses better than 200k houses to make money and rehab and flip faster? In California most houses are around the 200-300k range, however those same houses in the midwest are aboue 60k and can be flipped faster in my opinion,…can anyone comment on this?

Mixing Distance and fixing? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 22, 2003 at 21:08:21:

Raisi Smith----------------------

Nice to meet you.

Are you in CA?

I do not recommend buying fixers at a distance. Fixers locally, ok. Long-term rentals in good condition locally, ok. Long-term rentals in good condition at a distance, ok. Fixers at a distance? Nope.

Just my opinion. But I find it hard to get properties fixed up from a distance. Maybe you will be the one who does it successfully. If so, please let us know.

Good InvestingRon Starr***