Are Mobile Homes a good place to start - Posted by Jim C

Posted by Joe C. on March 14, 2001 at 01:48:16:

According to David Butler in “Tin Can Alley”, quoting Census information, there are 132 (1997) mobile home parks and 33,656 (1990) mobile homes in New Jersey.

The real questions for you is how many are in your immediate area and will the park managers work with you.

Are Mobile Homes a good place to start - Posted by Jim C

Posted by Jim C on March 14, 2001 at 01:07:04:

Is investing in mobile homes a good place to start REI? I would like to do a little rehab and resell and I figured it would be good to start with mobile homes because they are cheaper.

Also, I live in NJ and there doesn’t seem to be too many Mobile Home Parks around, and the few that are around are for people around 55 or 60 and over.

Should I look around for more? Or are there not that many in NJ?

Thanks a lot!!!

Jim C

Mobile Homes are - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on March 14, 2001 at 11:04:37:

an excellent source of high yield investment vehicles.
Typically you won’t mess around with one unless the yield is in excess of 50% or more, providing your going along Lonnie Scruggs Investment Strategy.
As far as the number of parks and such in your area. Zip over to http://www.bigbook.com click on distance search, pop in your address, pop in mobile home parks, and wola, all the parks will pop up in the parameters you entered, oh, they also have directions to them etc.
Hope that helps,
Dirk