Are there any investors left in baltimore - Posted by sal

Posted by amadi on January 21, 2002 at 02:04:49:

thanks for the info. new investor in the baltimore area and thought about attending charlie parrish’s school. looking to flip properties or L/O’s. Will definitely attend the other club. any other suggestions for a newbie.

Are there any investors left in baltimore - Posted by sal

Posted by sal on February 07, 2001 at 08:35:54:

it seems 2 years ago that they were everywhere and now all thats left are students of fly by night instructors who teach these people nothing. some are even copying the how-to articles on this site as part of their instruction and charging 1500.00 to 7000.00
thank you sal

Re: Are there any investors left in baltimore - Posted by Alan-Baltimore

Posted by Alan-Baltimore on February 07, 2001 at 11:18:49:

I’ve been investing part-time for about a year now in the Baltimore area. I have not paid anyone in Baltimore for information but I do read everything at CREonline and attended last year’s convention. I will be there this year as well. Early on, I also met with Steve Cook who was helpful in giving me some advice about some of the pitfalls of the local investing scene.

There are 2 RE clubs in Baltimore-one is run by Charlie Parrish and is primarily a front for his overpriced school for investors but you can still go to the meetings to network and hear some decent speakers; the other club is a non-profit group that is also good for the same reasons but there’s no hard sell involved.

Both clubs meet at the Parkville VFW hall at 6:30 pm. Charlie’s group charges $15.00 and meets the 4th Monday of the month and the other group charges $20.00 and meets the 3rd Tuesday. Both have a dinner buffet which is included with your admission.

Believe me when I tell you there are lots of investor “pros” out there quietly going about the business of making money doing all the types of deals that are discussed here.

Feel free to contact me for more info.