Are you going to the convention alone? - Posted by karp

Posted by Redline on January 20, 1999 at 15:21:43:

This is FUNNY as hell! And I thought I was confrontational!

RL

Are you going to the convention alone? - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on January 19, 1999 at 09:19:56:

It looks like I may be too.

I have tried to convince my wife to go but she has thought of much better ways to spend her birthday (and our money) then a real estate convention.

Hence, I am on my own. JP says you can do this partner thingee and save some bucks. If anyone needs a rommate, email me privately at:

karp@karps.net

Thanks!

karp
aka Karl Hartley

PS: Since this is a closed auction, you needn’t fear having people know you bid. hee hee

Re: Are you going to the convention alone? - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 19, 1999 at 12:52:09:

I’m with both of you. I couldn’t get the person I wanted to go with me. They looked at me like I was some kind of nut when I mentioned “real estate convention”. I got one of those “Yeah Right!” looks.

By the way Karp, with all of your money why do you need to save a few bucks :-}?

SCook85

Re: Are you going to the convention alone? - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on January 19, 1999 at 10:52:00:

Karp, I understand your plight. I will also be all alone because while my fiance totally supports my real estate “habit”, she is certainly not going to sit through it with me!

RL

karp is teaching… - Posted by MichaelR (NoVA)

Posted by MichaelR (NoVA) on January 19, 1999 at 13:57:15:

A valuable lesson. You’re never to rich to be a tightwad. Ask him about his accomodations in Austin. :slight_smile:

Michael

what I will never understand… - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on January 19, 1999 at 16:39:32:

Dude,

I guess I am a child of the '60’s or something but where I sleep has never been a great concern to me. I mean, I am SLEEPING for heck’s sake.

I found my favorite style of accomodations is camping but barring that I check into the Hostels in the area.
Example, I will be in Austin for 10 days… the Hostel wanted 13 bucks a night. I talked 'em down to 100 bucks for the whole ten days…

So what can I do with the 900 bucks I just saved? I dunno, I’ll let you know.

Thanks,

karp

Re: karp is teaching… - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on January 19, 1999 at 14:14:53:

Michael,
I knew what kind of response I was going to get out of it but I expected it from Karp, should have known. :-}.
See you in the chat room.

SCook85

Re: karp is teaching… - Posted by Redline

Posted by Redline on January 19, 1999 at 14:01:59:

What? A cardboard box with little window cut-outs?

Karp - I continue to like the way you think. - Posted by Andrew Smith (Phila)

Posted by Andrew Smith (Phila) on January 19, 1999 at 18:11:48:

Karp
I wonder if you have a problem with buying sodas in fast food places and popcorn at movies. After I read an article on the markup on sodas I switched to water. What will you be teaching. I won’t be making it to the convention but will think seriously about the next one. You are one person I would like to meet.

Re: Karp - I continue to like the way you think. - Posted by karp’s wife (Susan)

Posted by karp’s wife (Susan) on January 19, 1999 at 21:37:10:

Andrew,

Let me tell you about karp.
He asks me to pop popcorn which he takes with him to the movies. As far as a soda, he asks me to put one in my purse and he carries the other one in. Blatently! Right there in front of everybody.
(I think he wants a confrontation)

Susan