Are you?

Are you networking in your local areas with other investors? I don’t mean just mobile home investors, although that would be a great start.

I have spoken with several larger real estate investors. Some are actively buying, others are working on their current portfolio. Some are waiting for better deals and some just have money looking for a good investment.

I receive emails and read posts about people looking to do more deals or get started with their first deal.

I am not necessarily a big fan of real estate investing groups you find locally but I would not discourage anyone from attending. You may need to start somewhere to meet folks who are interested in your market and niche. Local knowledge is invaluable.

There is huge amounts of property changing hands now and more to come which should means some great deals for those who can take action when they see opportunity.

Get to know some of the investors in your area. Not all will be helpful but you may find a few that can truly help you grow you business.

Don’t overlook meeting folks outside your area as well. Great networking happens in the hallways of many investing seminars. I know most of my good friends have been met in just such a setting. Let’s face it, not everyone is naturally excited when you talk about investing in mobile homes. When you find a group that is interested you will find new friends and advisors.

There is great buying opportunity about us if we seek it, negotiate and are ready to act. Do yourself a favor and prepare by networking locally and nationally.

Tony

I agree that much good comes from networking with others, that is the main attraction to the MH forums. As for my local scene: I really haven’t found any local investors that are interested in sharing information. We have 3 main camps.
1.) total newbie: they don’t know what they don’t know.And are too suspicious/stubborn of anyone offering any tips.

2.) mid- range - but burned out: I count myself in the mid section of my investing career- but not burned out. I try to visit with these guys, but the only aspect they ever talk about is how they were cheated by all their tennants, every one demolished their homes and how sick of it that they are…and absolutely NONE of the problems could be handled any differently because they know ALL. I just can’t stand to expose myself to all the negativity.

3.) Hands off - I have put money in and the management company handles everything and told me that I will make lots of money if I just don’t switch horses- not interested - don’t know -don’t care about strategies,operations, or any other aspect of the business.