ARG MY CREDIT... How can I fix it? - Posted by theembarassedinvestor

Posted by David G (OR) on July 03, 2002 at 14:38:41:

Bruce, maybe you can help me (my credit stuff). I submitted a letter to Trans Union to fix some things on my credit report. One item was:
Currently on report: ?In prior 48 months from last update 2 times 30 days late?
Correction: ?2 times 30 days late, 08/98, 10/98?
(What they have is very misleading and would think this affect my scoring and how lenders look at me.) In their response they seemed to ignore that one.

Do I have a right for them to have more specific/accurate information? How can I get them to change it?

David G.

ARG MY CREDIT… How can I fix it? - Posted by theembarassedinvestor

Posted by theembarassedinvestor on July 02, 2002 at 10:44:18:

Arg…

I just got my first couple 30 day lates on my credit because a deal went south on me, but I’m about to get my house refinanced and I’m afraid this has screwed up everything! I was not a whole lot more than 30 days late on either, but they both reported to the credit agencies…

I payed off both those accounts in full now, but the darn 30 day lates remain, is there anyway or anything I can do to get this off my credit record before I finish applying for the RE-FI?

Sorry no email, I post here on occasion and am pretty embarassed by this.

theemberassedinvestor

Re: ARG MY CREDIT… How can I fix it? - Posted by Bruce Lawson

Posted by Bruce Lawson on July 02, 2002 at 11:15:37:

Do not beat yourself too much over a late payment, believe me there are many people who have a whole lot more serious items on their reports. Late payments will definitly lower your credit score 10 points per 30 days, but the good news for you is that late payments are one of the easiest things to repair on a credit report. Lates are reported incorrectly 97% of the time, therefore when identified and brought to their attention they must be corrected.

You can do the work or have someone do it for you either way the process will take you at least 30 days, but it is a easy thing to fix I see these types of errors repaired everyday.

Without going into great detail here contact me and I will tell you what you need to do.

1-877-842-3297

Sincerely,

Bruce Lawson