Arizona tells ZILLOW to cease & desist - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by Christopher Smith on April 17, 2007 at 10:57:54:

Zillow doesn’t provide estimates and no lender would base a financing decision on a Zillow number (just as no reasonable investor would make a final decision based on Zillow.) Zillow is a too - a useful one sometimes - but is not an authoritative source.

Note they’ve been sued before [ http://www.equityscout.com/complaint-against-zillowc ] by the National Community Reinvestment Coalition - but the complaint didn’t go anywhere.

Arizona tells ZILLOW to cease & desist - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on April 16, 2007 at 18:42:48:

since they are giving appraisals and are not licensed by the state of AZ. to do that.

I don’t know about AZ, but the zestimates here are almost always wrong sometimes grossly wrong and to call them appraisals is like calling Don Imus a spokesperson for all people of color.

Re: Arizona tells ZILLOW to cease & desist - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on April 16, 2007 at 20:09:56:

THis isnt gonna last long. Ever gotten an “appraisal” from your realtor (ie what can I sell my house for)?? They generally arent licensed to do that either.

Mark

Re: Arizona tells ZILLOW to cease & desist - Posted by Jennifer-NC

Posted by Jennifer-NC on April 16, 2007 at 19:17:13:

Ha! True.
Seems to me that for them to be called appraisals, some lenders would have to be accepting them as such. I think there’s probably slim chance of that ever happening. However, if someone knows of a lender that excepts Zestimates as an official appraisal, please let me know!
:slight_smile:

unfortunately there are lenders like that - Posted by David Krulac

Posted by David Krulac on April 16, 2007 at 19:39:59:

it called computer modeling and Zillow is just one of many, Bank of America has their own programs which they use in ieu of appraisals.