I still laugh when I think of where I heard this

Some Will
Some Won’t
So What
Someones waiting !!!

ARRGH! i just need to vent…(long) - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on February 01, 2000 at 17:57:53:

this j*rk today really got to me.

he has a crappy little property, that isn’t barely worth the ground it’s on, in a not so great area, that he’s had sitting.
He is a partner on the deal with a fellow investor and friend of mine. So this friend and i are talking- we strike up a deal that might just work- i can use hard money, he gets paid, the j*rk gets paid- and the house gets fixed and gets a new family… sounds easy enough right?
first-i don’t need this deal- and i know i should just walk.
it’s not too much more than skinny, but i like the investor friend of mine, and we send deals to each other often, and why not right? i mean i can squeak away a easy 7-10K? and i think i already have a buyer in mind–ok fine-

so we draw everything up, we both sign, deem faxes orig,(my buddy’s out of town) and he says he’s talkd with the j*rk, and faxed him a copy-go ahead and take it to the title co to get things going- no problem- it on the standard trec form- nothing out of the norm here people-
i get my bids in, line up my money,and basically waste alot of time i guess, 'cause i get a call from the guy today–look lady- you got no contract-ok i’ll fax you one–i can’t exicute a legal contract on a fax–
GGGRRRR fine - no problem, you can go by the title company, or i can drop one to you today-
…“its inconvenient for me to have to go to the title co…blah blah blah” fine- i’ll put you one i the mail…

well he CALLS my favorite title co- the one i use for almost every deal–ARGH!-and says don’t you know you got a hot, no good contract? that contract ain’t no good, and i’m a partner in the venture(dah-we named the venture-he’s listed-dah)they can’t cut me out–blah blah blah…" of course my closer calls me right up-
-steph-what’s with the crazy? — way to chap me-- i have worked hard to build my reputation with this company–ARGH! so don’t try to trash me- YOU GOT THE COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN on your end- not mine!
so get this! she says he’s on his way to see this contract! fine–
i call him on his cell, explain that i will be happy to meet him at the Title co and present him a new fresh original-no faxes-and he can send it fed ex on to his partner-but please understand it now has a drop dead date, as i have many deals i’m working and can’t tye up too much more time on this one…
fine…right? wrong! i live maybe 5 mins from the title co.
he leaves before i get there! JRK! ARGH! and he knew i was coming!
so he calls me tonight, says maybe we can work this out, he just wants to change somethings-- ok j
rk-whatever-he’s very condisending-…"now this financing isn’t at all connected to the property is it? you can’t get financed-
what the heck? of course it is-- what is up with this dingbat? we all know the condition of this place is a dump–so what? i can do hard money all day long. that’s what we do! i can give you a list a mile long! my financing is solid!
so he tells me he doesn’t think i can do that kind of a deal, so he’s not willing to take the property off the market while i try to find financing…ARGH!i already have financing!! i’ve already given him a 15 day closing! i ask him what it is he doesn’t think i can do? do you need a letter or what? he says he wants to write in that the financing is in no way tied to the condition, and is no way tied to the property. WHAT IS THIS?? am i missing something? or am i just too mad at this guy to hear what he is trying to tell me? of course it is tied to the property!
i say- tell you what- you make all the changes ou want and we’ll see if we still have a deal–
…“i’m not writing your contracts…blah blah b;ah” he is just a total control freak. i hung up on him. i never do that.
i feel like there must be something i am just not seeing… like where they hide the bodies of people like him.(just kidding)
the basics–i’m a girl.
he doesn’t beleive i know what i’m doing. and i know i can run circles around him all day. i hate that.

sorry to take up so much space
thanks for listening
steph in tex

Steph, Do it your way or don’t do it. Drop the Jerk! - Posted by Todd (St. L.)

Posted by Todd (St. L.) on February 03, 2000 at 15:29:51:

Re: ARRGH! i just need to vent…(long) - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on February 01, 2000 at 22:59:19:

Either he knows something he’s not saying, and the Title Company won’t find…??? Underground gasoline tanks??? OR, he is just a condescending, irritating, unhappy little Prck ! I have found that the most difficult Jerks are also the most unhappy people in the world and are just trying to make everyone else as miserable as they are.

keep your chin up !

Laure :slight_smile:

Re: ARRGH! i just need to vent…(long) - Posted by SandyFL

Posted by SandyFL on February 01, 2000 at 22:34:22:

Oh yeah! That would itch my youknowwhat! And get this - if you don’t do the deal - and I wouldn’t - he’ll probably go around and say “the little lady” couldn’t line up financing. Or while you’re telling em to go pound sand they get all smarmy and superior and call you “babe”. AAUUUGHHH!

Thanks for the caffeine boost … lol

SandyFL

thanks you guys–and gals! please read - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on February 01, 2000 at 21:45:15:

amazing how this group can pick you right back up:)
i don’t blow my top often, but today was one of those days. i guess we all have them now and then.

i mean it-
you people are great.
i was bombarded with email when i tuned back in-
thanks! i needed that today~

with the exception of mr. smelly’s(arthur d) email-

you have all made me smile and remember that
i’m not alone in this reality that is my world…

we have something great here-
on this site-

we’re all there for each other, though we’ve never even met! AWESOME!

i hope to see you all in atlanta-
well, almost all…

steph in tex

Re: ARRGH! i just need to vent…(long) - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on February 01, 2000 at 20:26:17:

Yep, happens to the best of us, but you know what don’t take it personal. If it doesn’t work, cut it loose. There are DEALS out there a lot better than this. You do them all day long. A girl??? A guy! You don’t have to work with him. smile
NEXT!!!
Steph…your not going to vent like this when we go to convention are you? just kidding roomie
You go girl,
Later,
Dee-Texas

Just Remember, SWSWSW ! (NT) - Posted by DougO(NM)

Posted by DougO(NM) on February 01, 2000 at 18:53:41:

NT

thanks dee! see ya there! - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on February 01, 2000 at 21:50:38:

i’m all better
thanks for cheering me up!