Assignments,Attorneys and Title Company - Posted by Tonya

Posted by AnnNC on October 28, 2000 at 20:35:47:

Just how do assignments come back to bite you?
Thanks,
Ann

Assignments,Attorneys and Title Company - Posted by Tonya

Posted by Tonya on October 28, 2000 at 14:56:56:

hi,

i posted a few days about taking action with my real estate investing career. After reading several posts about assignments, i’ve decided that since i have no cash,credit or partners with money to invest on a deal and I am new to this, I though an assignment would be the perfect vehicle to meet my needs. how i came to this conclusion is that It generates income

Re: Assignments,Attorneys and Title Company - Posted by bill scott

Posted by bill scott on October 29, 2000 at 07:43:31:

Tonya,
check your phone book for ‘ATI Title’ or ‘Global Title’. ATI is probably the better one and there are a lot of investors here in the Cincinnati area doing flips with them.

Also, don’t let Pavels advice worry you—an assignment IS a flip. I really don’t think this guy knows what he’s talking about…

Re: Assignments,Attorneys and Title Company - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on October 28, 2000 at 23:27:21:

There’s tons of info here (check archives). Don’t know that you need an attorney, unless they are used to do closings in your area. To find a friendly title company, check with some real estate agents, who can introduce you to their closer, or see if there is a real estate club in your area that can point you in the right direction.

Just keep reading here, no one “gets it” all at once.

Re: Assignments,Attorneys and Title Company - Posted by Pavon Bailey

Posted by Pavon Bailey on October 28, 2000 at 18:37:34:

Hi TONYA!

I’m not from Cleveland. I just have one quick suggestion that may suit your interest.

Have you considered “flipping” properties for quick cash? The reason why I am suggesting that is because, according to Mr. Bronchick, assignments may come back to bite you later and that is not a good starting point for a newbie.

If you want to stick with assignments, that’s fine. I’m just merely suggesting that you look into flipping because I don’t want to see you get burned or mess up with your first deal.

Just consider it. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me an email.

Respectfully,

Pavon Bailey

Re: Assignments,Attorneys and Title Company - Posted by Tonya

Posted by Tonya on October 30, 2000 at 13:32:56:

I looked up both in the yellow pages and found no listing for ATI or Global Title. If you have thier number could you please share them with me?

Greatly appreciated
Tonya

Re: Assignments,Attorneys and Title Company - Posted by tonya

Posted by tonya on October 30, 2000 at 13:27:45:

Thank you i will check them out Bill !!!
Please keep in touch i could use your advice!