Assuming Mortgages - Posted by Tyana

Posted by jeff on July 13, 2002 at 21:19:20:

ill admit that i havent assumed anymortgages although i have checked on doing it a few times. but in my experience, i have been told by banks that the mortgages are not assumable and they wont allow me to do that. i like the subject to arrangement myself and dont bother with the mortgage switch mostly. where do yuo get your info? it goes agaisnt all my experiences.

now let me tell you what ive learned. 89 or beyond? is that earlier or later meaning for beyond? loans after 89 are not assumable if they are FHA, and VA loans are not assumable after 88. beofre those dates they are assumable but i have no clue on the pricing, $500 may be right.

doing a contract for deed or wrap around mortgage both will violate the DOSC, assuming there is one, since you tranfer either all or a portion of your equitable interest to an outside party.

Assuming Mortgages - Posted by Tyana

Posted by Tyana on July 13, 2002 at 19:29:15:

How do you go about assuming a seller’s mortgage? What other options are there for helping motivated sellers who need to have their names removed from their mortgages without me having to buy their homes outright?

Look into Land Trusts!!(nt) - Posted by michael_NJ

Posted by michael_NJ on July 14, 2002 at 06:23:30:

Re: Assuming Mortgages - Posted by Renee Clemons

Posted by Renee Clemons on July 13, 2002 at 19:43:25:

If the property was purchased in 1989 or beyond you can assume the current mortgage for only $500. If a seller has a VA mortgage you can do a Contract for Deed, the last option is a Wrap Around Mortgage

Re: Look into Land Trusts!!(nt) - Posted by Tyana

Posted by Tyana on July 14, 2002 at 16:52:17:

Can you explain more please? What exactly does this involve?