Assumption in the works, found Tax Lien, Pros HELP - Posted by Stew NE

Posted by Stew (Nebraska) on March 01, 2000 at 22:46:27:

NE is the abbreviation for Nebraska. Go Big Red

Assumption in the works, found Tax Lien, Pros HELP - Posted by Stew NE

Posted by Stew NE on March 01, 2000 at 19:37:54:

Went to see a very motivated seller, tried to sell house through realtor and failed. Now has found here dream home and needs to sell to get it. After I did the calculations, I figured that I could only offer her 56K on her asking price of 68K (Which she couldn’t sell at). So I approach her about doing an assumption. Using stuff I learned form the SPIN book, I asked kept focusing in on defining her problem, until I got her to realize tha she doesn’t NEED to sell the house. She needs a downpayment for her new house. After she calculated it, she needs $5000 dollars to put down on her new house. Her current balance is 51K on her existing loan
To make a long story short, My problem is in doing my due diligence, I found a tax lien certificate had been placed on the property March 1999, that has to be paid by March 2002 for $1242. How do I get rid of it? Is it as easy as contacting the people and asking for a payoff amount?

Re: Assumption in the works, found Tax Lien, Pros HELP - Posted by tb

Posted by tb on March 02, 2000 at 02:57:54:

Hi Stew,

Here is a helpful link if your property happens to be in either Lincoln or Lancaster County, Nebraska.

http://interlinc.ci.lincoln.ne.us/

Good luck!

tb

Re: Assumption in the works, found Tax Lien, Pros HELP - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on March 01, 2000 at 22:04:31:

It depends what state you are in. Here, in NJ the property owner contacts the municipal tax collector, pays off the lien and then the collector remits the funds to the investor. However, many states are different. Where are you located?