Atlanta Investors - Posted by Kevin-ATL

Posted by Scott (ATL) on October 12, 2003 at 20:29:23:

Kevin,

I have to agree. There are more than enough deals out there that I don’t consider other investors competition! My networking has been slow but there is a wealth of ideas at GaREIA and even investors that aren’t members. There is way too much to learn and too many opportunities to treat other investors as competitors. Allies and mentors is the best way to look at them.

Scott

Atlanta Investors - Posted by Kevin-ATL

Posted by Kevin-ATL on October 11, 2003 at 19:10:54:

I was just wondering how many people that visit this site are in the metro Atlanta area in Georgia. Drop me a line, I’d love to hear from you.

Re: Atlanta Investors - Posted by Atlanta_bob

Posted by Atlanta_bob on October 11, 2003 at 20:27:50:

There’s about 25 folks (or so) from the metro-Atlanta area that visit this site from time-to-time. I invest in Cobb and Cherokee counties, mainly. I also belong to GaREIA and certain sub-groups. Good organization, but most members focus inside I-285. Next monthly meeting on Monday: 13-OCT-03 at CBS Conference Center on Presidential Parkway near I-85/I-285 (the round hotel). Somewhere near 400 folks usually show-up.

Atlanta_bob

Re: Atlanta Investors - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on October 11, 2003 at 20:00:13:

Kevin,

if you’re looking for other Atlanta investors, then you might want to join www.gareia.org . There are over +3000 members and you can find all kinds of people to network with.

The appeal of this site, to me, is that most people are from somewhere else. So, it’s not so much talking to your immediate competition (even though they may read it), but rather to others in other areas and circumstances. It allows me to learn about conditions in other cities; and techniques, that are working somewhere else.

Just my thoughts
michaela

Re: Atlanta Investors - Posted by Kevin-ATL

Posted by Kevin-ATL on October 11, 2003 at 21:09:30:

Thanks for your responses so far. Yes, I am familiar with GaREIA and I do go to the meetings. However, I am more comfortable with email-- my personal preference. Also, I don’t think of fellow investors in the area as competition, but rather people I can flip deals to-- or vice versa, or partner with from time to time.

Re: Atlanta Investors - Posted by Stephen Ford

Posted by Stephen Ford on October 11, 2003 at 20:53:06:

Guess since I’m so new and cute you don’t think of me as competition Michaela :wink:

Think I my first deal (again). I’m posting it as another thread.