Atlanta metro investors - where do you advertise? - Posted by kazi

Posted by kazi on July 24, 2007 at 13:16:01:

Anne,

I have been a member of GAREIA for the last two years, but haven’t seen much activity there on mobile home investing other than a monthly general meeting on this topic couple of months ago.

I can’t attend the bootcamp this time around for personal reasons, but now that I know about it may be I will make it to the next one.

Thanks & happy traveling!

kazi

Atlanta metro investors - where do you advertise? - Posted by kazi

Posted by kazi on July 24, 2007 at 08:13:22:

Hi, I am new to mobile home investing. Recently I ran an ad (as specified in DOW) in the Gwinnett Daily Post and got no response. I was kind of surprised by that. If you invest in Atlanta and sorrounding areas, what do you do to market yourself? What kind of response do you get?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

kazi

Re: Atl metro investors - where do you advertise? - Posted by Sonya (Atl)

Posted by Sonya (Atl) on July 25, 2007 at 07:52:39:

Hi Kazi,

I am a newbie here in Atlanta. I am not sure where exactly you are located but I have seen mobile homes advertised in the smaller free publications that you find in convenience stores. It seems to be the same people advertising over and over again to keep their names out there. It seems to be working for them. I am actually going to place an ad today to see how it works for me. I also advertised on craigslist and got two responses within a two week period. So, I am going to keep my ad in rotation on there. If you want, I will let you know how it works out for me so that we can share ideas.

where do you advertise? - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on July 24, 2007 at 08:22:45:

kazi-

How long did you run the ad? I’ve used the GDP and AJC with good success, but never ran an ad for less than 10 days. Craigslist has also worked.

Anne

Re: Atl metro investors - where do you advertise? - Posted by kazi

Posted by kazi on July 25, 2007 at 10:31:02:

Hi Sonya,

Thanks for your post. Although I am located in N. Fulton, I am looking for mobile homes (Lonnie deals) anywhere in metro Atlanta area. I would be very interested in knowing what kind of response you get from your ad and what other things you are doing to find your first mobile home. I will shoot you an email later in the evening.

Thanks again,
kazi

Re: where do you advertise? - Posted by kazi

Posted by kazi on July 24, 2007 at 10:17:27:

Anne,

I have only run it for 3 days a week for the last two weeks. It will be running for another two weeks. I only wanted to test to see what kind of response I get from it. Do you have any suggestions what other things I could do to market myself (other than ajc, craigslist)?

Another question, I am looking to network with other investors in the area. Are you from around here (though your name suggests otherwise)?

thx,
kazi

Re: where do you advertise? - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on July 24, 2007 at 11:15:06:

kazi,

Networking is by far the best thing for you to do. Try GAREIA, and I strongly urge you to go to Tony and Scott’s bootcamp in Asheville if you’d like to meet serious MH investors from the southeast (as well as elsewhere).

I am currently in the ATL, but I’m doing a lot of traveling (by car) in the next few months, so my time is limited. But I’ll be in Asheville, and would be glad to meet you there. About half of my investing is done out-of-state, which keeps me busy, but the Atlanta market (esp Gwinnett Co.) has impressed me with the higher quality of MHs available for reasonable prices, and the speed with which I’ve been able to fill them.

For reasons that escape me, I can tell you that running ads a few days a week does not generate the calls that a 10-day run will. I’ve had this experience in several markets.

hope to see you in Asheville,

Anne

PS- if the point of running the ads is to determine if there is a market, I can tell you there is in Gwinnett. You need to get yourself in front of PMs and find a place to do your deals, that will be the biggest challenge. Good luck.