Atlanta Seminar participants .... - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by Jamie M. Perez(TX) on June 22, 1999 at 10:43:06:

When I bought my first business in 1992, I went to my local university’s Business Development Center. I gave them the raw data and $400. They packaged it nicely with all kinds of graphs, charts, and the other amenities banks go gaga over. The result was a three year fixed $50K loan toward the purchase of the business. The business department at your nearest college should be able to direct you to a similar organization in your area. (It’s a lot cheaper and more reliable than going to some commercial sources.)

Good luck!

Atlanta Seminar participants … - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on June 21, 1999 at 20:12:08:

Guys, I am ‘suffering’ with putting together info for the bank for my line of credit. I have all kinds of stuff on the properties, etc, but what I am lacking is a biz plan, “resumes”, something to package it up nicely.

If anybody is willing to share any of what they have put together, I sure would appreciate it. Email or fax me (941 401 8810). We want to quietly blow the powers that be away.
Thanks for examples or suggestions.
Carol and Dennis

Re: Atlanta Seminar participants … - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on June 22, 1999 at 18:42:37:

Try Business Plan Pro by Palo Alto Software. It is fairly inexpensive and I did use it successfully to get me a business credit line earlier this year.

It does charts, graphs, tables, etc. Easy to use, too! Don’t do it by hand. Too much of a hassle. Let the software do the work. You simply write the poetry! :slight_smile:

Matthew the Poet

Re: Atlanta Seminar participants … - Posted by JaimeR_NJ

Posted by JaimeR_NJ on June 22, 1999 at 11:14:44:

Carol: Ed had some examples at the conference, I think so he might be a good resource to ask…especially since you got 'em for 3 mos .

It may not be applicable to you, but I will also e-mail you some general information that I use on our company and principals.