Attend Atlanta or Buy Everyone's Material??? - Posted by Carrie-OH

Posted by Anne_ND on September 20, 2004 at 04:56:34:

Hi Carrie,

Although I haven’t been to the MH workshop yet I have been to 4 or 5 of the CREOnline conferences in Atlanta.

The greatest value will be the networking you do with other investors there. Buy Deals on Wheels for $30, it has all the info you need to do a few MH deals. See if you can get it to work and then decide if you want to buy additional materials.

These conferences are geared for the new investor, you couldn’t spend your money a better way.

Have fun!

Anne

Attend Atlanta or Buy Everyone’s Material??? - Posted by Carrie-OH

Posted by Carrie-OH on September 19, 2004 at 22:04:51:

Question to those who’ve attended and/or those who teach. Really want to learn all I can about MH’s and notes. I know that I will want to purchase all the materials offered by the teachers in Atlanta. I would really like to attend but my partner(husband) says to keep cost down and just buy their materials.
Honest evaluation-Do you feel it’s imperative that one attend. Is there vital info shared that I just cannot get from the materials alone? Yes it would be a hardship to attend. Looking for feedback. Thanks for any advice

Thanks for the replies - Posted by Carrie-OH

Posted by Carrie-OH on September 20, 2004 at 11:39:36:

OOOOOOOOh this is hard! I can see how great is would be to actually talk to some of these experienced investors and teachers! We’ve been working hard for many months on lease options and short sales after buying the courses. Signed contracts with 5 or 6 sellers and have shown the houses to countless buyers. Not one has panned out. I’m sure the ability to ask a live person their take on what we’re doing would have helped. After reading Lonnie’s two books I’m buying my 3rd mobile home and finally the money is coming in! :slight_smile: We’ve spent all our money on courses and I buy houses ad’s etc…but I’ve got to convice my partner(husband) that this money will be well spent. Hope to see you there.

Re: Attend Atlanta or Buy Everyone’s Material??? - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on September 20, 2004 at 07:57:57:

Carrie,
I had been in the business for 5 or so years before I went to my first workshop. My only regret was that I had waited so long. You’ll be steeped in information and get to network with knowledgeable people both in a formal setting and informal as well.

Most important, chances are that you’ll make more than enough money from your first deal to cover the cost of the workshop and any materials you want to buy!!

GO TO THE WORKSHOP!! If you want to keep costs down, buy Lonnie’s books and make a shopping list of the others you want. Each time you do a deal, buy the next one on the list. Great motivation to stay busy building your business.

Hope to see you there.
All the best, Lyal

Re: Attend Atlanta or Buy Everyone’s Material??? - Posted by Tony-VA/NC

Posted by Tony-VA/NC on September 20, 2004 at 06:30:56:

I second Anne’s opinion in that the greatest value is in the people you meet. The time spent one on one with others, hearing about how they got started and how they do deals helps motivate. But it is the ability to ask questions about the deals you are seeing in your area that truly impacts your business. I believe you will find a much greater value in having the opportunity to sit face to face with other investors and ask how they have used the speakers material to invest in their areas.

Typically you find a few investors who really know their niche but may not post here. Networking with them at the workshop is one thing but the real value is in knowing that you can call them for advice on future deals.

The material presented is very good. Hearing directly from the authors and better yet, sitting down to lunch or an after hour round table is far more impacting than simply reading their book or course.

If you can make it, I look forward to seeing you there. Please be sure to meet us all for dinner on Thursday. We will be meeting in the sports bar/restaurant located in the hotel at 6:30 pm. Lonnie and Joanne will be there as will many others.

Tony