Attention Investors!: 18 yr old seeks advice - Posted by J.R. Basham

Posted by DougO(NM) on February 26, 2000 at 15:11:48:

I commend you for your enthusiasm, I wish you luck as you continue forward ! I used to have an investor contact named Chris in the Portland Area long before this web site was around, back when the only thing going was a forum on Compuserve, but am sorry to say that I’ve lost contact with him. You’ve made an excellent choice ordering Deals in Wheels, that was one of the first investment books that lit the fire under my rear and made me sell my computer maintenance company and become a “full-timer”. Just about any investment technique that will work on houses, etc. will work on mobile/manufactured homes (just DONT call them trailers!) In my opinion this investment arena offers you several advantages (1) lower cost of entry for you while you learn your craft, and (2) there are almost ALWAYS more folks that are looking for AFFORDABLE housing than any other kind and they certainly are that. I would be encourage you to begin networking with other investors asap, and read everything you can get your hands on. (I need to buy a bigger house to warehouse my ever growing library !)Start going to the local investor groups meetings whenever possible, and , at least at first, remember that God gave you two ears and only one mouth! In other words, be sure to LISTEN to what others have to say. As you hinted at, you may have trouble being taken seriously at age 18, so you need to do whatever you can to make folks look past that. I had problems like that at 28, and for some of the deals I’d like to do at 38 ! Just keep on doing what you are doing, you’ve found a great place that should help you very much
Good Luck
Doug

Attention Investors!: 18 yr old seeks advice - Posted by J.R. Basham

Posted by J.R. Basham on February 26, 2000 at 14:44:11:

I am Ready for Action!! Ready to start on my road to Success! I have been in real estate for about six months, been involve with Russ Whitney Seminers and training camps learning everything from Asset protection to Wholesaleing. I know alot about real estate more than any other average 18 year old i know.
I live in Portland Oregon my Market is really high so Lease options work the best but its hard to get loans when your so young. I can maybe look into Foreclosurs, and mobile homes too but I want to test the waters first.
I am looking for what to do next, where to go, how to get myself going out in the field. I know to continue my education and to keeping learning, but I am ready to go out and try all of what I learn. I have lots of time on my hands, and I have tons of leads from my 1-800 number. I know if someone show me how to get me going on a step system. I could explode with this with deal after deal and maybe finding you some great deals also. I am willing to partner up with someone and just follow what they do, I have money to play around with to. I have called some local clubs i found on this website but still no answer. Also Since I have stumbled upon this website I recently ordered “Deals on Wheels” Hoping maybe that can get me in the right direction. Look for me in the chat rooms on this website and say Hi.
If you can send me some advice or direction I should be going or just want to talk. Please take the time to write a response. I respond to my email regularly

Thanks A Million to You and to this Website
J.R. Basham
jrb@cyberhighway.net

Re: Attention Investors!: 18 yr old seeks advice - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 26, 2000 at 15:16:38:

J.R.-

How much did Whitney charge for this training? I think it is great that you are starting out so young and dove in like this. However, there is something lacking with their training process if you have been to the bootcamps and other personal training programs they offer and this confusion is still there. This sounds very similar to other posts that I have read on Whitney over on the guru section(Newsgroup II).

O.K. I am done venting about that-please excuse me.

The best bet would be connecting with a mentor who invests in your area-so keep at that.

There are two investors around your age(Justin and Amanda) who you can read about in the success stories section of this site. You can check their website out and possibly contact them at:

http://www.doublecapital.com/

Joe Kaiser has a 30 day Immersion program if you want to check it out at his site where he will personally work with you and guide you through the deals. I can’t give it thumbs up or down, but it may be something for you to check out.

-Good Luck, Chris