Attention Pre-Convention Workshop Attendee's - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on March 02, 2001 at 20:16:32:

Hi Folks,

I’ve talked to a number of you who will be attending the workshop, who don’t have a financial calculator, or know how to use one. Since a calculator plays such an important role in doing deals, not to mention the fun of playing “what if”, I want to recommend that you get one, and start learning how to punch the buttons. Two that I recommend are the Texas Instrument BA35, and the HP 10B. They each cost about $30, and will do everything you will need.

We’ll cover this in the workshop, but the more you learn prior to the workshop, the further along you will be. A good part of the day will be spent on the note business (how to create, sell, buy, restructure, buying/selling partials, yields, discounting etc). So make sure you have a calculator with a good battery. And don’t be intimidated if you don’t know how to use one, you’ll get the hang of it and be able to punch the buttons in a short time. Then you’ll wonder how you ever got along without one.

I want to thank all of you who have signed up and contributed to “Make A Wish”. And for some of you who are still wondering whether you should attend, stop wondering, call Jeanne, and get registered. Both for my class, and the CRE Convention. They’re both filling up fast, so don’t wait and wind up wishing you had been there?sign up now and BE THERE!. Remember, you can pay for your education now, or you can pay later. But you WILL pay. And if you have any doubt, just ask some of the people working minimum wage jobs.

See you in Atlanta,

Lonnie