ATTITUDE! - Posted by Lee

Posted by Rob FL on December 31, 1998 at 16:23:09:

…to your brother or you. But this is a quote directly out of “How to Win Friends and Influence People” by Dale Carnegie that was written in the 1920’s. He attributes it to Abe Lincoln.

ATTITUDE! - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on December 31, 1998 at 24:55:39:

“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of ATTITUDE on life.
ATTITUDE to me, is more important than facts.
It’s more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think say or do.
It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.
It will make or break a company… a church… a home.
The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
We cannot change - our past… we cannot change - the fact that people will act in a certain way.
We cannot change - the inevitable.
The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude…
I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
And so it is with you… we are in charge of our attitudes”

Re: ATTITUDE! - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on January 01, 1999 at 13:02:47:

Since I posted “attitude” I have received e-mail and seen posts that now have convinced me that my brother was not the author of “attitude”.
My apologies to all, for misrepresenting it’s author.

This text was found framed in my brother’s home after he died. His friends told my family that he had written it, we had no reason to doubt them.

Again, my sincere apologies.

Lee

Re: ATTITUDE! - Posted by Joey P SE AL

Posted by Joey P SE AL on December 31, 1998 at 12:16:02:

I have had a pre-printed copy of this hanging on the wall in my office for some time now. It is an almost word for word match to your post. Is your brother’s name Charles Swindoll? That’s who wrote this, according to my material. Just thought I would ask.

Joey

Re: ATTITUDE! - Posted by Johnman

Posted by Johnman on December 31, 1998 at 06:40:05:

Lee,

I agree. I was around negative people many moons ago and I found my self acting like them. It drains your energy. When I started changing my ATTITUDE in the positvive direction, I noticed more people wanted to hang around me and I was able to project positive energy to others and made them feel better about themselves. POSITIVE ATTITUDE IS INFECTIOUS AND IS GREAT!!! HOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Sorry, just got excited!

Thanks for the post.

Johnman

Re: ATTITUDE! yes!!! - Posted by Doug Jones

Posted by Doug Jones on December 31, 1998 at 06:08:11:

You are right. Why do you think that people
can be born in other countries and grow to the age of
18 or so and start learning, say, to be a neurosurgeon,
and spend 10-12 years to get a degree and get that career they have dreamed of?

Attitude! I would not have the patience.

They are just a human like an American. But have less
or no oppurtunities. They are not neccassarily smarter
but there sure are a lot of “foreigners” working in our hospitals and owning our stores and office buildings.

The list goes on…

Just do it!!!

Re: ATTITUDE! - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on December 31, 1998 at 01:10:18:

My brother wrote this in March, 1982 just before he died.

He did live by it, he was a winner. God I miss him.

You are welcome to print and or to rewrite this as you will.

Re: ATTITUDE! - Posted by Kelly

Posted by Kelly on December 31, 1998 at 01:04:24:

You are absolutely right! I grew up in the most negative environment you can imagine, and I now know exactly what you mean. Where’d you get such a great OUTLOOK?

Re: ATTITUDE! - Posted by Bart (FL)

Posted by Bart (FL) on January 01, 1999 at 13:17:28:

Lee,

No need to apologize. The fact that your brother would hang it on his wall speaks volumes about him. And you wanting to share it with us speaks volumes about you.

Happy New Year

Bart(FL)