ATTN: ANY OF THE GREAT MINDS OF THIS SITE.......PLEASE HELP! - Posted by Adam Miller

Posted by PBoone on April 04, 1999 at 18:35:45:

In a “Sellers Market” one tried and true technique is a Lease / Option. One area in particular may be to rentals call them all and see if the landlord is interested in writing a long term lease with a first option to purchase. DO NOT OPTION AT RETAIL. Once the property is tied up “subject to finding acceptable tenants” put the property on the market for retail. or keep it as a cash flow rental.
Pat

ATTN: ANY OF THE GREAT MINDS OF THIS SITE…PLEASE HELP! - Posted by Adam Miller

Posted by Adam Miller on April 04, 1999 at 17:16:16:

Hello and thank you to everyone who is taking there time to read my post. My name is Adam and I am a 24 year old living here In Los Angeles, California. I have been reading REI books for the last few years…from Robert Allen and Carleton Sheets to Ron Legrand. I have never done any deals YET. Although I am very ready to take charge and just do it. My question is this…As you all know the markets here in California have become a real sellers dream. And it appears to be climbing. So with that in mind I am just wondering what any of you great RE minds might have to suggest to someone like myself who is in great need and desire (aren’t we all) to become an REI in this CA market? Im not too sure if im being clear, so let me put it another way…what would any of you suggest may be a good niche to begin with in this sellers market (L/O, Flipping, Wholesaling, etc.)? Since I have not done any deals I am very concerned about the possibility of completing deals in this type of market I am in. Wondering if creative deals or my services as a creative REI would be even needed for all these sellers in CA who seem to be able to move there properties with some level of ease these days. Yes I have been reading now for the last 3 weeks every new and old post from both the news groups here. Though I have yet to find an answer to my above question in regards to the best vehicle for a somewhat knowledgeable beginning REI in this CA market. Im sorry if this message is a bit long next time i’ll try and keep it down to the length of just 1 novel. Thanks to all of you for your time and help :slight_smile:

Adam

Re: ATTN: ANY OF THE GREAT MINDS OF THIS SITE…PLEASE HELP! - Posted by Shawn McCarty

Posted by Shawn McCarty on April 06, 1999 at 20:33:33:

I am not a great mind but I am a newbe in California like yourself. I am out there 6 days a week looking for empty houses. I am getting good at tracking down owners. I am reading everything. I am making offers-non accepted yet, but this is my first month. To get started, get started. Give yourself lots of time. Don’t focus on doing deals, focus on learning. I had the same concerns as you did. Now they have vanished because the world of real estate that you will be in will deal with peoples situations, and people will allways have them.

Good luck, get started.

Shawn