Attourney at Closing - Posted by Jeffrey Hardman

Posted by Bill on March 08, 2000 at 19:34:18:

Interesting. Not sure about NY but not mandatory need in Illinois and I can’t see where any area would force you to have an attorney. Title companies say it all…if they’re happy,and you agree with figures on closing statement,you shouldn’t need one. Having said that,I ALWAYS have an attorney represent me for two reasons: In the event I can’t be at closing at the last minute,my attorney can be given power of attorney and close the deal for me without everybody’s shorts getting ina bind that I’m not there. 2. It makes me sleep better at night.

Attourney at Closing - Posted by Jeffrey Hardman

Posted by Jeffrey Hardman on March 08, 2000 at 15:02:49:

I recently purchased William Bronchics’ course Nuts and Bolts of Creative Real Estate Transactions and was thinking of purchasing his course - How to be your own Real Estate Lawyer. That is until I heard that in New York an attourney must be present at the closing of all Real Estate Transactions.

I would like to know if this is true and if so, would the course still be beneficial to me.

Jeffrey Hardman

Not required in Pennsylvania, but… - Posted by David

Posted by David on March 08, 2000 at 20:38:20:

if you finance through bank, etc. they will require an attorney. without them fellows around to gum up the works, I have even done a settlement on the hood of my old Ford pickup, without an attorney for miles!
David