Austin, San Antonio leads - Posted by JC

Posted by RogerN on March 22, 2006 at 19:17:08:

Do you have $300k to invest in a 5 acre 22 unit duplex project. Estimated profit is $55k for each unit. That’s like $1.alot. The $300k is to purchase the land. The rest of the project is ready to proceed. The property is on the northwest side near USAA, UTSA and the new FBI building coming in. Your investment buys a say in the operation of the project.

The land is on option for $1.25 per square xx vs. ~$2.00 in the area or something to that effect.

I have not heard whether other investors might have picked this up yet. I’m only assuming it’s still available.

During the day you can get me at 210-258-6040.

Austin, San Antonio leads - Posted by JC

Posted by JC on March 22, 2006 at 18:53:02:

I like to get some leads on 4plex/duplex in Austin as far as prices, and location by zip codes. I prefer newer building though.

In San Antonio, I like to find out about small commercial property like strip mall(2-4 unit) to purchase. Any good deals out there?

Thanks

Re: Austin, San Antonio leads - Posted by Jimmy

Posted by Jimmy on March 23, 2006 at 07:40:41:

You will find Austin to be a lot more expensive than San Antonio. In other words, a 250K investment in Austin rentals will generate a lot less rent than will the same 250K in SA. The prevailing wisdom (for what its worth) is that Austin will deliver better underlying appreciation. Tell that to the tech people who lost their butts in the Westlake Area (very upscale west side of Austin) between 2002 and 2005.