avg. cost for adding bathroom? - Posted by Rick

Posted by michaela-ATL on June 30, 2003 at 11:23:15:

Rick,
that depends (just what you wanted to hear, right ;-)? ) Are you going to have to build an addition or are you able to split up the excisting space and use space, that’s already walled in and under roof?

I usually figure 1-1.5K for replacing fictures in small bath. If it’s a master bath you may want to figure 1.5-2K.(Can be more, of course). Since I usually replumb the whole house i don’t know the cost for only 1 bath. A low price plumber recently offered me $ 150 per fixture for replumb. Then you’d have to add framing, sheetrock, floring, if the existing flooring is not acceptable, electrical, light(s).

If it’s an actual addition to the house you’ll have to add foundation, insulation, siding, window(s), roof.

In that pricerange I would definitely add a 2nd bath somewhere or you might have a difficult time selling the house.

Michaela

avg. cost for adding bathroom? - Posted by Rick

Posted by Rick on June 30, 2003 at 11:09:17:

Has anyone added a full bath before? Have a 3/1 I can get for $320k. Comps in area for 3/2’s gong for $390k. No other 3/1 comps on the block. Am curious how much adding full bath costs on average… $15k? $20k?