Avg. prices for M.H. - Posted by Darren

Posted by Dirk Roach on November 14, 2000 at 18:10:51:

Folks,
Fred is right on target. Don’t buy something, just to buy it, it has to make economic sense. Everyone wants way to much for their mobile home…err remember they are trailers when you buy, but mobile homes when you sell…
because there are various psychological reasons/ excuses/ justifications etc.
But that is NOT YOUR PROBLEM! You are offering these folks a service, and solving a major headache for them. While you are trying to find nice pretty deals, Fred (and me and many others) are out scooping up all the motivated sellers. And the big clue here is, they are 10 times much easier to deal with, much more open to creative ideas, and move on the deals much more quickly.
Good post Fred!
Dirk

Avg. prices for M.H. - Posted by Darren

Posted by Darren on November 12, 2000 at 21:54:16:

I found this site last evening and stayed up until around 4:00am reading the incredible amount of info that is on this site. I woke up at 6:30 am and drove around town looking for M.H. parks, I looked through the paper and found that the average home that is inhabitable is selling between 15k-35k, I am ordering “deals on wheels” after I post this but I would like to know if this is the average price for a M.H. around the country(10-15yrs old)?

I know the rule is to find motivated sellers but I want to see if this is the average asking price that you will find.
I’m sure that to get to the motivated seller you have to search them out I just wonder if in Alaska prices are higher than the rest of the country.

I have about 5k that I want to start with, and after researching this site I am extremely motivated to get started.

Thanks,

Darren

Look for LESS than Average Prices - Posted by Fred-Ohio

Posted by Fred-Ohio on November 13, 2000 at 20:53:19:

My experience thus far:

#1 Seller moved out of MH and into a house. Asking $8000 for MH. After several months he became MOTIVATED, a real “don’t wanter”; sold the MH to me for $3200.

#2 Owner of MH planned to clean-up/fix-up and sell for $12000, but had an accident and unable to work; became a serious don’t wanter. Sold home to me for $4000.

#3 Owner moved from Ohio to Arizona. Sold MH on land contract to friend for $12000. Friend made two payments and then stoped paying for 22 months. Owner became very motivated. Made long trip from Arizona back to Ohio. Kicked friend out and sold MH to me for $4000.

Moral of the story: Motivated don’t wanters sell MHs for much less than average because THEY WANT OUT. THEY ARE VERY VERY MOTIVATED TO GET OUT AND MOVE ON.

Motivated sellers are the folks we look for and try our best to help solve their problems.

Coversley we let non-motivated sellers make their sale to the AVERAGE buyer, not to us.

Regards,

Fred-Ohio

Re: Avg. prices for M.H. - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on November 13, 2000 at 10:37:09:

Hi Darren,

You won’t normally find the price range you will be buying for, in the newspaper. But it’s good practice, so call anyway. You need to get out “in the field” and talk to people, especially park residents, and park managers. And keep doing it until you find the motivated seller with a MH for sale.

Good luck and welcome to a great business.

Lonnie