Posted by DanM(OR) on May 09, 1999 at 11:56:24:
I have established relations with
- a couple of Realtors.
- several mortgage brokers, title companies,
- I have a friend who owns a reputable appraising company they do most of the residential and some commercial
- still have yet to find a Creative RE Attorney (may not exist).
- relations with a couple of accountants
- Finding - The Marketing Plan (Here’s where I am stuck)
- Targets for notes: RE Agents, referrals (in the future), Title Companies, Networking Competition (they are very reluctant old timers that are pretty rigid in their conventional ways), motivated note sellers (have not spent much time here).
- Financing - I have developed first contact relations with the following:
- Wall Street Note Brokers
- Several Local to Oregon Master Brokers
- My own funds-
- Have $15k Cash I borrowed at 12.9%
- I can Borrow a few thousand from 401k at 7%
It really seems that you can find the money if you find the deals. Finding money doesn’t seem to be too much of a problem.
- Your business plan - this wasn’t part of your list but belongs in here somewhere
- I have formed a corporation and established bank accounts
- Bought a fax machine and filing cabinet for the business
- Have a dedicated phone line installed
- Develop a marketing plan Need help in this area
- Business cards
There wasn’t really anything to address here except areas that you think I may be weak or need to spend more time on. I appreciate any and all feedback from my CRE friends. I will continue my next post with relevant questions.
Thank you !
Your friend and student in Oregon,