Bad luck with Foreclosure Bargains Magazine(FL) - Posted by chris

Posted by george on December 25, 1999 at 18:00:42:

which county put there foreclosures online?

Bad luck with Foreclosure Bargains Magazine(FL) - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on December 25, 1999 at 02:41:18:

I ordered a three month subscription to Foreclosure Bargains magazine. Not worth the money and it takes too long to reach me. I still have not received the December issue and November got to me three weeks into the month. I have one more month left on the subscription (non refundable after first issue). Their customer service confirmed that the issues do not usually get sent out until after the first few weeks each month-not what you want to beat other buyers to the property.

When the listings they send me are checked I find out over 90 persent so far have already been re sold.

Does any body know of a good source that is up to date and internet accessible. Foreclosure.net keeps sending me offers to access their service for approx.$400 which could be easily made back with the right property. However, I do not want to keep throwing money to these information services if they are providing outdated info.

What have you other foreclosure searchers found to be a good source besides a trip down to the courthouse or connecting with the right person at the bank for REOs?

-Thanks, Chris

Re: Bad luck with Foreclosure Bargains Magazine(FL) - Posted by Lee

Posted by Lee on December 25, 1999 at 22:41:43:

Hi Chris

Boy, have I been where you are (looking for a good sourse of information).

Now, I subscribe to the Daily Legal News. It is mailed to me 4 days a week. It reports every document that is filed in our court house, who’s getting a divorse, who is loosing their home/ business, who is filing bankruptcy etc.

It’s about a dollar a day (cheap!)

Ask around in the court house or look in the yellow pages, you’ll be glad you did.

Merry Christmas

Lee

Re: Bad luck with Foreclosure Bargains Magazine(FL) - Posted by jack z.

Posted by jack z. on December 25, 1999 at 12:15:33:

Chris,

Find out if your county’s recorder’s office info. is available off the internet. Mine is. It’ll cost ya’ (mine is $50/month, paid 6 months in advance), but it saves a lot of time, a lot of gas, and a lot of coins for the meter. Plus, I can check all the other documents besides notices of sale. If you’re serious, and your county offers it, get it. Otherwise, you’ll just have to think of other ways. If you really want to get good, buy Joe Kaiser’s course and put some of his ideas to use. It’ll be money well spent.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas!

Jack Z.