Bad Pet Odors - Posted by matt

Posted by matt on July 21, 2002 at 15:24:34:

Thanks for the reply. I’ll check it out.

Regards,
Matt

Bad Pet Odors - Posted by matt

Posted by matt on July 21, 2002 at 11:40:15:

I just saw a house that had a strong odor of dogs. Can anyone tell me how I would go about removing the odor?

There is no carpet in the house, just wood floors. The floors have stains which I’m assuming is dog urine. But it’s not just the urine smell, it’s a smell like there were a number of wet dirty dogs living in the house.

Any suggestions as to how to get rid of the odors.

Regards,
Matt

Re: Bad Pet Odors - Posted by Buck

Posted by Buck on July 21, 2002 at 12:36:59:

Matt,

this isn’t the fastest cure in the world, but it works. Check with the janitorial supply houses and ask for a product called “Odor Digestor”. It is an enzime or something that is used in hospitals, nursing homes, etc for destroying odors from bodily fluid spills.

It works great in carpet. A friend of mine has a house full of cats that had the litterbox change over a month ago. The Odor digestor was sprayed everywhere and the cats kicked out. The result was an immediate improvement and three days later, no smell.

I think for wood floors you will need to buy a quantity and mop the floor daily for a few days.

I was $7.95 for a bottle that mixed 8 or 10 to 1 with water. We used it strait on the cats carpet.

Hope this helps.

Buck

Re: Bad Pet Odors - Posted by TH

Posted by TH on July 22, 2002 at 11:15:43:

Try Petsmart.com. They sell similar products.