BAD SMELLS - Posted by Eli

Re: Suggestion Tony - Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine)

Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine) on September 13, 2004 at 20:51:46:

Where can you find it for that price? Does that include the foam pad that goes under it? The best I could find was for a cost of $1.20 a sq ft and $.30 for the foam a sq ft. I have used the press n peel vinyl tiles with good luck. I have learned that in an area with freezing temps., if installed in the summer to leave a gap around the edge, for shrinking. Those cost $.35 to $.50 a sq ft, but don’t look as nice as the laminate. Also, how much does your contractor charge to install the laminate?

Thanks for any info. you have. Best investing, Chris

Re: Suggestion Tony - Posted by Tampajim

Posted by Tampajim on September 14, 2004 at 09:18:55:

You have to search it out but if you are doing this for a living I am sure you won’t have much trouble. We have found four places in the Tampa area that sell it for $.98 to $1.
Do not buy the pad that sells for 30¢ a foot, instead use a roll of tarpaper like that you would use on a roof. Works as a vapor barrier and is much less expensive.
Would suggest you do the first one yourself to see how easy it is to put down. Leave a small space 1/4 inch all around for expansion. Click it in and put some base molding around it if you don’t already have some. If you have some should take it off first and reinstall after you have laid the floor.
The manager in our park does these installations now or one of the guys we use for rehabs.
When you get done it looks like you have a rich hardwood floor but it doesn’t scar or stain like real wood.
Try it on one, just do a room with it. Think you’ll like it.

You use the Tile? - Posted by Gregory (VA)

Posted by Gregory (VA) on September 14, 2004 at 08:18:21:

Hi Chris,

Let me see if I understand your post correctly, you say you are using the tile that resembles hardwood flooring?

If so, how does that work out? Do your buyers generally like it?

Re: Suggestion Tony - Posted by Gary

Posted by Gary on September 13, 2004 at 23:56:24:

See my post above about $.85 Laminate.

Thanks for the information nt - Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine)

Posted by Chris Reuman (Maine) on September 14, 2004 at 13:00:57: