Bandit Sign Etiquette....Oxymoron???? - Posted by Cindy Paine (Houston, Tx)

Posted by Terry on March 25, 2001 at 12:18:42:

One slashes the signs in half. Wheather they are in a legal spot or not.

One paints them, nothing better to do ya know. The signs do not stay up long here that is for sure.

Terry

Bandit Sign Etiquette…Oxymoron??? - Posted by Cindy Paine (Houston, Tx)

Posted by Cindy Paine (Houston, Tx) on March 25, 2001 at 01:57:34:

Hi?I just got my first batch of bandit signs from the printers on Friday, and put a bunch of them out Friday night. I went to go see what they looked like in the daylight (yup?I?m a dork). To my dismay, I found that a number of them had been pulled down and replaced with another investors sign! I salvaged the one?s that I could, and resisted the temptation to return the “favor”. I?m just starting out, and don?t want to go to war with anyone?but I?m not one to play chickens#!* games either. Has anyone else run across this? Is this a common occurrence? What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Cindy Paine

Re: Bandit Sign Etiquette…Oxymoron??? - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 25, 2001 at 15:33:07:

Here’s what I would do. For every one of your signs taken down, I would go out and take all of the other investors new signs down. Then call the investor and ask him if he would be interested in a trade. The signs that you took down for the signs he took down.

What’s he going to say about taking your signs down. LOL. You’ve pinned him in a corner to where he will have to respond to your offer.

Keep us posted on the result.

Re: Bandit Sign Etiquette…Oxymoron??? - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on March 25, 2001 at 11:41:59:

I would offer up that from Friday to Sunday is a long time for signs here.

We have the “Slasher” and the “Painter” and a few other fools that remove signs every Saturday morning. Most of us put them out on other days.

As far as just starting out give me a call @ 281-754-4504 if you need any help with the signs. I may be able to give you some ideas on these fools.

Terry

Re: Bandit Sign Etiquette…Oxymoron??? - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on March 25, 2001 at 11:03:56:

Cindy,

I would call the guy up. Then tell him, in a nice way. That you put up some signs too and that you noticed that they were ripped down and his sign was in its place. From there, I would ask him not to do that anymore. Tell him that you respect what he does and would appreciate the same respect from him. Also, inform him that out of curtisy you did not place your signs on the same street corner as his. If he gives you any lip, then inform him that if he wants to play that game, you will start ripping down all his signs.

Good Luck,

Tim

Re: Bandit Sign Etiquette…Oxymoron??? - Posted by Cindy Paine (Houston, Tx)

Posted by Cindy Paine (Houston, Tx) on March 25, 2001 at 18:06:23:

Hi Phil,

Thank you for such a great idea. I guess I need to go out tonight when the sun goes down and round up some “hostages”.

Cindy Paine

I have to know - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on March 25, 2001 at 11:57:21:

Why do you call them the “Slasher” and the “Painter”?

Tim

Re: Bandit Sign Etiquette…Oxymoron??? - Posted by Cindy Paine (Houston, Tx)

Posted by Cindy Paine (Houston, Tx) on March 25, 2001 at 13:52:06:

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the advice. I will do what you said. From what I’ve read here, I expected some to be taken down. I just didn’t think it would be another investor, and so blatently (sp?)!!

Cindy Paine

Re: Bandit Sign Etiquette…Oxymoron??? - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on March 25, 2001 at 18:19:25:

Good luck with that. From what I have been told the slasher has been out in full force. Of course I don’t know the Sharpstown area very well.

Email me with what is on the sign and I will tell you if I know who it is.

Best of luck

Terry