BANDIT SIGN EXPERTS - Posted by scott in va

Posted by Steve on January 30, 2002 at 15:37:11:

Kate,

The “service” is simply a woman who does this for a living. I found her by asking a couple of other investors in my local investors club who they used to put up their signs. They were gracious enough to share her name with me.

Also, when I was putting up my own signs, I often saw others putting out signs for clients and simply approached them and asked them if they would do the same for me. I collected several phone numbers this way.

Hope this helps.

BANDIT SIGN EXPERTS - Posted by scott in va

Posted by scott in va on January 29, 2002 at 12:04:08:

First i want to say what a joy this site is and very imformative ive been reading for about a year and am ready to get started.My questions are when you make up your bandit signs is it better to have a 8oo number or a local number.I want to hear from people who have done this and secondly where is the best place to place them.Thank you in advance to everyone who takes time to answer.One last thing i have been reading lately about some people asking for something specific like documents or what exactly to do then they get mad when they dont get the answer they want.I just want to say that the whole time ive been reading this board ive seen peoople give good advice but every situation is different so take the advice you get and figure how to put it into your needs just my two cents thanks again

Re: BANDIT SIGN EXPERTS - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on January 29, 2002 at 16:38:18:

Scott,

I use a local number, as do all the other “I Buy Houses” bandit signs that I’ve seen (and there are lots). I don’t see any reason to bother with an 800 number unless it’s to hide from the sign police, but I’m not sure how it protects you. As for placement, I place mine at busy intersections where everyone else is placing their signs (usually has the longest staying power). They don’t really stay up long, but I get a lot of calls while they’re up. FYI: I just began using a service that places the signs for me. It’s more costly, but my calls have increased.

Re: BANDIT SIGN EXPERTS - Posted by Phamtastic

Posted by Phamtastic on January 30, 2002 at 24:37:22:

I would be interested to know who put them up for you and how much does it cost?

Thanks.

My target area is PG and Montgomery Co. in MD. What area of VA are you working?

If not too far into VA maybe we can catch some lunch and share ideas.

Phamtastic

Re: BANDIT SIGN EXPERTS - Posted by Kate (OH)

Posted by Kate (OH) on January 29, 2002 at 16:50:18:

Where did you find the service that would actually put up the signs up for you? I am highly interested.

Re: BANDIT SIGN EXPERTS - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on January 30, 2002 at 15:43:19:

See my post to Kate below about how I found the service.

As to costs: The person who does mine charges .75 cents per sign IF I buy the stakes and nail them together; the cost is $1.50 if she provides the stakes and puts them together. I choose the latter. This doesn’t factor in the cost of actually printing the signs. That’s separate.

FYI: I’m not in Virginia, that’s Scott the original poster of this thread. I’m in Houston. But thanks, I’ll take you up on lunch someday when I’m up in the area.

Ask Your Sign Maker. - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on January 30, 2002 at 16:06:14:

Kate,

Steve and I are in the same market area and I know the woman of whom he speaks. I found her through the guy that makes my signs. Ask your sign maker if he knows of anyone that provides this service in your area.

Hope this helps.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX