Bandit sign questions??? - Posted by John STL

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on March 09, 2001 at 20:24:14:

Probably was not the post office. If it was the post office they would have most likely billed you for postage at the rate of 1 ounce per address, times the amount of boxes in the cluster.

Bandit sign questions??? - Posted by John STL

Posted by John STL on March 09, 2001 at 10:40:59:

How successful has everyone been with Bandit signs? Do you leave them up up till someone takes them down. I thought maybe i could put them up on Friday and take them down on Monday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.I know people are going to say to go to the archives but they only go until February 2000 and i am looking for some more recent comments.
Thanks
John STL

Re: Bandit sign questions??? - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on March 09, 2001 at 18:26:10:

John.

Put them up and leave them up. I post them all over my area and I have never had a complaint except once.

The complaint came from a woman who claims she was with the Post Office. That’s right! The Post Office. I know that it is not supposed to be done but in my area we have these group mailboxes where there are maybe 20 - 30 mailboxes all together and I slap my signs on the sides of them!

I normally wouldn’t do this because it technically is illegal, but I’ve seen so many different ads stuck on these boxes that I took a chance.

Only got this one call, and that woman never told me to remove them.

I wonder… Was it really the Post Office or a nearby competitor?

Get those signs out there John!! (But use your own descretion)

Best of Success

Jim

Re: Bandit sign questions??? - Posted by ChrisW

Posted by ChrisW on March 09, 2001 at 15:49:53:

We have used bandit signs with moderate success. I have heard from many others however, that the majority of their business comes from signs. We put our signs up on Thursday or Friday evening and leave them up. They are sometimes taken down the next day (city workers, competitors)and some stay up for weeks. Hope this helps.

Re: Bandit sign questions??? - Posted by Fran CA

Posted by Fran CA on March 09, 2001 at 11:21:33:

Hi John,

If you go to the archives and put in “bandit signs” in the search field you will get a whole slew of posts.