bandit sign wars -- you'll love this! - Posted by ROBERT

About Door Hangers - Posted by Frank Chin

Posted by Frank Chin on June 15, 2002 at 08:22:38:

Hi Bill:

I’ve seen door hangers in Bayside Queens when “Earthlink” introduced its broadband service here. Of course, there’s NO Bandit signs to be found anywhere in Bayside or most of Queens.

As I mentioned in a previous post, 48% of New Yorkers DO NOT speak English at home, with a higher proportion in Queens. So whether they understand what’s on the door hanger is another question.

Thought I mention something funny. I’ve been thinking abount getting the New York Times delivered on the weekends, but never got around calling the number on TV. Well, this week, I got a postcard in CHINESE asking me to subscribe to the New York Times, with a special deal.

What would they think of next? Bandit signs in Chinese??

Frank Chin

Re: bandit sign wars – you’ll love this! - Posted by JX

Posted by JX on June 15, 2002 at 02:08:15:

Oh come on now! NYC isn’t worse off than any other major city. It depends on the area you put up the doorhangers. And quite frankly, I’m sure you’re going to put doorhangers in areas where there are houses not the projects. Most of the time, it’s thrown out anyway.

-chogster “Got Kupo?”

Great idea! - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on June 16, 2002 at 14:02:52:

Bandit signs in Chinese or Spanish…hmmm

The same politically correct people wanting to take down the bandit signs in english wouldn’t dream of tearing down a foreign language sing!!!

Now, if I could only brush up on my Mandarin a bit… :wink:

Scott