Bandit signs don't work! - Posted by Mo

Posted by CurtNY on March 06, 2002 at 11:37:55:

Your right Brandon, I just bought more bandit signs, better just throw them out, since they don’t work LOL!!!

Bandit signs don’t work! - Posted by Mo

Posted by Mo on March 06, 2002 at 08:36:17:

Are you guys morons? Bandit signs are illegal. Get one thing straight – most people live near civilization. I don’t where most of you rubes live, but I don’t know if living in the backroads and houses going for $20,000 apply to this site! The cops will take down your sign, regular people will take down your sign. You are wasting your time. Some jack ass said “ads don’t work.” He said he hasn’t got a deal in 25 years off an ad. Is he high? Do ads, business cards and magnetic signs. That is all you need. Anyone else who say otherwise, can stick it where the sun don’t shine!

JIM LA VERDI is that you… - Posted by tang-0-rang

Posted by tang-0-rang on March 06, 2002 at 13:21:28:

great, you just couldn’t stay away huh. its only been a year or so. Its funny…here lately there have been alot of crazy, blunt, errogant, and just plain mean post’s. anybody else notice this. take a hike…off a cliff…
JMO
Todd Williamson (CO)

Question… - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on March 06, 2002 at 09:54:06:

Just a question, what type of advertising do you use on your own investing? Do you buy and sell with any regularity?

Car Decal Alternative - Posted by J. Clifton

Posted by J. Clifton on March 06, 2002 at 09:41:08:

If you don’t like the risks involved with bandit signs, fine, but SOLVE the problem of doing cheap exterior advertising ANOTHER way. Ask well-trafficked local stores you do business with to put your sign in their window. Some will, some won’t. Ask a neighbor on a well travelled street if they will let you put a sign up on their yard. SW, SW.

As Jim-Fl pointed out a few days ago, buy some static-cling, non-adhesive signs or decals that can be placed on the inside back or side car window, and have some friends agree to put them in their cars to advertise for you. Imagine, 5-10 cars driving all around town with your message on their vehicles, and 100% legal! If your friends or neighbors won’t do it for free, offer to pay them a finder’s fee upon closing deals from leads brought in from the ad.

Solve the problem, not complain about it. Be a mentor, not a tormentor.

Re: Bandit signs don’t work! - Posted by JJJ - FL

Posted by JJJ - FL on March 06, 2002 at 09:05:59:

I don’t know about them not working because I haven’t put any up as of yet. BUT they do stay up…at least in my area. Everyday on my route to work I see the same 2 “We Buy Houses” signs, as well as countless “work from home” signs. Oh yeah…I live in a major metro area, and SFHs go for at least $140k around here, so there goes that “backwoods” theory of yours.

You can think what you like, but I wouldn’t knock them until you try them. I’m in the middle of a move, but as soon as I get my new phone # I’m putting my signs up!!

Re: Bandit signs don’t work! - Posted by Steve-Atl

Posted by Steve-Atl on March 06, 2002 at 08:49:59:

Your aggressive tone is inappropriate on this site. You can say you don’t like bandit signs without calling others on this site “morons” and “jack asses”.

Whether bandit signs work or not, your point is lost because of your approach. Act with professionalism, or just go away.

Re: Bandit signs don’t work! - Posted by AJW (Ohio)

Posted by AJW (Ohio) on March 06, 2002 at 08:47:00:

Hey, they’ve worked for me. Seems like you’re getting all worked up over this, now take a break and calm down.

How enlightening and wise… - Posted by BrandonT(So.IL/St.Louis)

Posted by BrandonT(So.IL/St.Louis) on March 06, 2002 at 08:42:47:

What an open minded logical comment you have made here today friend. Your ability to clearly communicate has shed so much light on my life, and I think I’m going to take your advice.

I have only put out about 60 bandit signs thus far and that was nearly a month ago, I’ve recieved at LEAST 60 calls and I’m STILL getting more today from a few signs that still haven’t been beaten down by the weather or taken down by ‘regular people’ as you say. I’m in the middle of four negotiations from callers on my signs and I still have almost 500 more bandit signs left in my garage but I guess I’m going to go throw them out since you make such good points.

Incredible insight and please keep up the great posts,

Brandon Treat
Southern IL/St. Louis

Re: Taxi-Car Decal Alternative - Posted by Julius Levai

Posted by Julius Levai on March 06, 2002 at 12:50:48:

Hello Guys ! What about taxi-cab advertising ? Is anyone tried it ? How much, how long, how effective is it ? Obviously it does not work in the boonies… Thanks… Julius Levai