Bandit Signs in Los Angeles - Posted by william (CA)

Posted by rae on September 13, 2004 at 19:43:21:

Politicians are famous for making exemptions when it comes to their signs . . .

Bandit Signs in Los Angeles - Posted by william (CA)

Posted by william (CA) on September 12, 2004 at 22:30:00:

Does anyone know the law in re: to bandit signs in Los Angeles? Driving around today I saw none…not one. I can’t seem to find any info in the municipal code. Thanks for any info.

Re: Bandit Signs in Los Angeles - Posted by Nancy – Los Angeles

Posted by Nancy – Los Angeles on September 17, 2004 at 17:12:27:

I’m in LA, I see some signs around, some really large yellow I buy house signs… a lot of them on the wired fences. THere are not tones of them though… there could be a fine if they catch you.
BTW, I’m in mortgage business, can give special discount to investors.

Re: Bandit Signs in Los Angeles - Posted by Richard-(FL)

Posted by Richard-(FL) on September 13, 2004 at 11:07:30:

Are there a lot of poles at the corners of each intersection that are not wooden (made of steel, concrete, etc.) in the areas you are looking for these signs?

Re: Bandit Signs in Los Angeles - Posted by John

Posted by John on September 13, 2004 at 05:38:19:

I can’t believe it. NO signs
It is an election year and you can’t find an illeagle sign. Look harder they are there. Real estate agent signs, Bush/ Kerry signs, Youth sports signs, are every where here.
These signs are illeagle most places. Use at your own risk, they do work and if you get complaints, which I doubt,go remove them.
I live on east coast so I am not familiar with LA laws, just my opinion.

Re: Bandit Signs in Los Angeles - Posted by william (CA)

Posted by william (CA) on September 13, 2004 at 12:07:25:

Yeah, poles tend to be concrete. Also, unlike where I grew up, most of the usually grassy parts between the sidewalk and street(forgot what thats’s called) is paved over. Maybe this inhibits bandit signs. I do see signs for garage sales, protests, and filming locations taped up but they are usually pretty amateurish and don’t last long.

Re: Bandit Signs in Los Angeles - Posted by william

Posted by william on September 13, 2004 at 12:33:01:

Actually no. No election signs yet either but I am sure I will see them as we get closer to election day. Those usually end up on fences or in private yards. RE agent signs are usallly the A-frame portable kind and usually only advertise a temporary event like an open house.

Re: Bandit Signs in Los Angeles - Posted by john

Posted by john on September 13, 2004 at 15:01:41:

Go to Homedepot and buy a pkg of wire ties. drill two small holes in the sign. They attach to steel, metal, and concrete easily.