bandit signs - Posted by Richard Burton

Posted by Bliss on July 01, 2002 at 24:47:11:

First of all, there’s no such thing as a dumb question! :slight_smile: According to my Get the Deed book, they use nylon snap ties that you can buy at Ace Hardware for about $0.40 each. FYI, I would stick to putting them high up on poles so they don’t get taken down quickly. The ones I put up last night, in the ground with metal frames, were already taken down by this morning. Good Luck! :slight_smile: Bliss

bandit signs - Posted by Richard Burton

Posted by Richard Burton on June 30, 2002 at 16:47:20:

I have a really dumb question… I prefer to attach my coraplast signs to wooden stakes as they are cheaper than wire. All of the signs that I have seen attached this way use large industrials type staples to attach a piece of Coraplast to the pack of the sign to form a “pocket” that the stake will fit into it.

Do you have any idea where that type of fastening system can be found? The fasteners look like the type used on corrugated boxes?

thanks

Re: bandit signs - Posted by Joshuaa3

Posted by Joshuaa3 on July 01, 2002 at 09:00:26:

home depot also has the material needed to make the wire H stakes. look in the concrete/fencing area and you will see them. one piece makes about 5 H posts. use bolt cutters to cut them.

Re: bandit signs - Posted by ArtFL

Posted by ArtFL on June 30, 2002 at 22:15:01:

Not familiar with the items you are describing, but if you want your signs to stay up longer, give a thought to putting them on phone poles. In my area, those approx. 7 ft. up stay about 2-3 weeks while stake signs stay 2-3 hrs. In some cases up to two days. Just an opinion. Art

Just Put The Darn Signs Up - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on June 30, 2002 at 20:52:28:

Doesn’t matter what kind of stake you use or the color of the washer. Just put them up. Hope I don’t have to go to a seminar so someone can tell me the geophysics of bandit signs and how the atmosphere will effect them and what the sign police have eaten to get them into a mood to arrest you and take down all of your signs.

JUST PUT THEM UP

Roofing nails with washers - Posted by Brian, WI

Posted by Brian, WI on June 30, 2002 at 19:15:56:

Richard,

While you are at HomeDepot our other hardware stores go over to the nail asile and find roofing nails that have washers attached to them. The washers are usually orange or green, but who cares. I use the 1" green ones to attached plastic bandit signs to wood stakes, and the 1 1/2" orange ones to attach signs to wood telephone poles.

Good luck and happy investing

Brian,WI

Re: bandit signs - Posted by Matt KY

Posted by Matt KY on June 30, 2002 at 17:22:08:

i have a dumber question…

where do you get the wire stakes!? i asked at Lowes and they said they didnt have any. if lowes doesnt have any, i cant imagine who would. and also where could i get the wooden stakes? i think i would like them better anyway.

thanks

Re: bandit signs - Posted by David

Posted by David on June 30, 2002 at 22:25:49:

Any sign company carries the wire stands. I pay a 1.00 a stand, Lowes carries the wooden ones, but they are in the concrete section. You can get a bundle of 24 for @ 36" for $7.oo

Re: bandit signs - Posted by Richard Burton

Posted by Richard Burton on June 30, 2002 at 17:35:33:

I had left over wire when I bought garaege sale signs at Home Depot. They also sell a bundle of wooden stakes. Stakes ar emuch cheaper, but I still don’t have an answer to my question