Banditos... - Posted by TK

Posted by Jack on May 06, 2006 at 10:01:24:

Well said. Leave them alone and they will take care of themselves. Its the attitude of the know it alls that take matters into their own hands that leave a lot to be desired.

Banditos… - Posted by TK

Posted by TK on May 03, 2006 at 20:32:54:

Does the size of your bandit sign make a significant difference…in the number of calls you receive. And does anyone put out multiple signs…at one location? …like 3 or 4 signs at the side of the road…witin 100 feet or so?

Or 2 or 3 signs at a light or stopsign?

Re: Banditos… - Posted by speednxs

Posted by speednxs on May 04, 2006 at 08:44:18:

I did see 4 “Burma Shave” signs in a row one weekend. For you younguns that goes something like:

Buy a House?

Have Bad Credit?

No Money Down?

Call Me Now!!!
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Re: Banditos… - Posted by Size does matter

Posted by Size does matter on May 03, 2006 at 20:42:27:

The bigger the signs the more calls you get. Of course these calls are all from the county or city officials who want to fine me. Why would you want to break the law to get a real estate deal? Are you that desperate?

Rob

Re: Banditos… - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on May 04, 2006 at 10:24:44:

I love to cut those! Of course after I drive by, the last sign reads:

Call me N
xxx-xxx-xx

Posted by Jack on May 04, 2006 at 16:54:07:

You have long and consistantly posted your adversion to R. E. bandit signs. I take it from that you have never used them? Is it your adversion to how the signs look, their legality or what? There are a lot of “bandit” signs in use out there, including politicians, sales of other than R.E. and educational opportunities. Also could you explain your logic for tearing down the R.E. signs and what gives you the right to do so? In your estimation do two wrongs make a right? I do not agree with a lot of things some people do, but I give them the benefit of the doubt in doing them. What they do is their business, as long as it does not affect me directly and I cannot see any logic in anyone else taking it upon themselves to impose their morality on others. Just curious, why do you do it?

Re: Banditos… - Posted by Jim V

Posted by Jim V on May 05, 2006 at 24:32:01:

Where I live, any sign not allowed by the county, is an illegal “bandit sign”. Thankfully, most signs are removed by the general populace, not because the general population competes with the sign poster, but because they are a blight in the community. If you don’t understand why people would remove blight for the betterment of most, if not all, the community, perhaps you should take some time to understand what community means.

Posted by Jack on May 05, 2006 at 16:28:49:

Dear Mr model citizen. Since you consider “bandit signs” a blight in the comunity I take it you remove all that you deem a blight? Now just what does that include, RE signs, for sale for anything signs, Relator signs that are on the city right of way, politician signs or what? Maybe your definition is any sign that is not allowed by specific ordance? What are all of those? Surely you do not discriminate only against RE signs and remove all? I ask you the same questions as I asked Jack. “Comunity” means an association of people who live in a particulal local who join together for the good of each other and work together to live and pursue a livelyhood without infringement on individual rights. Maybe you should look at what you mean. MY 2 cents.

Re: Banditos… - Posted by Jim V

Posted by Jim V on May 05, 2006 at 19:39:55:

I don’t have to remove signs, as I said it’s pretty much taken care of. That’s not to say I wouldn’t, just that I don’t have to.

Political signs go up as elections near, but they are pretty much all removed shortly after elections. There was an A-frame Realtor open house sign that was left up on a corner I walk by. Someone else folded it up and leaned it against a retaining wall partially obscured by bushes. The Realtor could easily find it, but it was no longer prominent on the corner. An out of area concert promoter decided to blanket utility poles on a main road with paper signs promoting their concert. It took about a week for most of them to be gone. Again, I didn’t take any, but if I had happened to stop by one, I would have. Interestingly enough, the promoter lost their venue after that concert.

I’m not aware of any “right” to post bandit signs, that’s just a choice some people make.