basics of buying - Posted by tps

Posted by Mike (Seattle Wa) on July 09, 2007 at 13:52:34:

I can comment on the sales tax. If it’s left in place in WA, then you pay excise tax at 1.78% here. If you move it, then you get to pay sales tax which is much higher.

On the paperwork, go down to the courthouse and talk to the friendly clerk. They can give you the basics on what they want and make you feel more confident.

basics of buying - Posted by tps

Posted by tps on July 09, 2007 at 12:38:09:

I’ve been thinking about starting in the mobile home business.I’ve read Lonnie’s 2 books & was impressed.It seems like something I’d like to do.
My concerns are doing the right steps from a legal stanpoint.Things like,registering the sale in the right place,sales tax,lawyers,notary’s & all these other steps.
Also ,some states require you to get a license to sell them,like a car dealer.if this is the case,what about the sales tax,Lonnie doesn’t mention sales tax in his books,which could be a good amount of money.

Echo’n Mike - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on July 14, 2007 at 07:32:34:

Lots of new guys looking into Lonnie business, get hung up on lic. requirements so don’t waste time doing that.

Most states permit a “person”* to do at least one a year without any kind of lic., so jump into it, start looking around and see what you can find…plenty of time later to do some local networking and larnin’ about your state MH lic. law.

*and remember, under ALL state laws, an LLC is a legal “person” so once YOU, personally do one or two, then your new ABC, LLC can do one; then DEF, LLC can do one, etc…get the idea?