BASICS: Show me where to go - Posted by John Parker

Posted by John Parker on February 09, 2000 at 12:04:41:

Thank s for all your input. You’ve given me a place to start. I’ll be plugged into your site to learn more. John

BASICS: Show me where to go - Posted by John Parker

Posted by John Parker on February 07, 2000 at 20:49:44:

I am a newcomer to creonline and have just lost a few hours of sleep reading messages. You guys and gals are great! Here’s my situation. I’m 43 and have a background in home construction and 15 years ago had a real estate license, but never really used it. I purchased 2 homes over the years, moved into them, renovated them and sold them for a nice profit. Now I am in the process of gathering info for investing purposes. I have read books by the Milkens, Irwin and McLean on buying, fixing up renting and selling these properties. The problem is that often times they contradict eachother.
Can you stear me in the right direction as to which books to read? I am going to invest the next 6 months learning as much as I can. This, hopefully, will lead me to an area of investing that will suit my background. I can swing a hammer but would rather swing paper and pen. Thanks for your anticipated help. John

Re: BASICS: Show me where to go - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on February 08, 2000 at 11:37:18:

I think you have hit on the right term when you say that you are looking for an area of investing that will suit your background. I think this is critical and is the piece of advice I always give to new investors. Find the niche that really excites you or you wont stay with it when the going gets tough. So it really isn’t possible for “us” to steer you. You need to steer yourself. There are REI plenty of sites on the net. Start reading all you can and you will discover what are you want to be in (Buy and hold, paper, mobiles, rehabs, SFR, apartments, LO etc). Then either read the articles and posts about that specific topic or pick up a course and APPLY IT.
Hope this helps,

Mark

Re: BASICS: Show me where to go - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on February 08, 2000 at 24:51:10:

You have come to the right site! Your question, however, is very broad. There are so many different means of investing in Real Estate that to point you in just one direction would not be to your benefit. By reading the “How to Articles” here on this site (in the upper left corner of the home page)you can get a taste of some of the different methods.

If you are serious about getting a broad outline of the different investing techniques, an opportunity to speak with investors using these tecniques, and the opportunity to speak with the course instuctors themselves, I highly recommend you attend the CREONLINE Convention at the end of this month.

You will have 2.5 hour presentation from many different teachers who specialize in different areas of investing, and invest themselves, not just write courses! You will have the opportunity to question people around you who make their living through these different means. What better contacts can you make? Then you get to sit down with each instructor and fire questions away at them.

To get the most for your educational funds, this convention offers your best opportunity. You will be sitting among the best of the best, the newly begun, and people just like you who are just starting out. By next years convention time, you will be well on your way to financial independence.

I can give you this advice because this is exactly what I got out of last years convention.

Best Wishes For Your Success,

Tony-VA

Re: BASICS: Show me where to go - Posted by John Parker

Posted by John Parker on February 08, 2000 at 06:46:22:

Tony, Thanks for the input. Can you tell me more about the convention or steer me to a site? Thanks, John

Re: BASICS: Show me where to go - Posted by Brian W(IN)

Posted by Brian W(IN) on February 08, 2000 at 09:06:35:

John, you can find more information about the Convention by clicking on the
“CREONLINE CONVENTION 2000” banner ad at the top of the Newsgroup Discussion page above.